Product Manager - Events
People come to Twitter to see and talk about what’s happening — especially as events are unfolding in the world. Whether it’s a premier league match, Game of Thrones airing, or news breaking, people look to Twitter to stay informed about what’s happening, to understand what others think about it, and to talk with experts or those who share the same interest. Today this is hard to do — to follow an event you need to follow the official accounts, the right expert accounts, the fan accounts, the #hashtags, and more… we are working to make it easy. One tap to follow an event. This is a fundamental transformation in how people will use Twitter, and we’re looking to bring a Product Manager onto our team to make it a reality.
Who We Are:
Our company purpose is to serve the public conversation. The Events team (part of the Consumer Product organization at Twitter) helps serve that conversation by making it easy for people to see the best conversation, and important information about events, as they unfold. We also make it easier for people to connect and talk with others who share their interests (e.g. fellow Bachelorette fans, or others affected by Hurricane Harvey). Our team drives the strategy for making it easier to follow events, and builds both the user experience and underlying backend & relevance technologies to make this possible. We’re based in London and San Francisco, and we are specifically looking to add a Product Manager to our London team.
What You’ll Do:
- Build a deep understanding of how people want to follow events — what information matters to them, what perspectives they want to see most, how they feel at different moments during an event, what products they choose today to follow events and why those work or don’t work for them, and more.
- Identify gaps in how our product currently serves those customer needs during events.
- Work with our design, research and engineering teams to craft & test product solutions to fill those gaps, building an incredible product to help people see and talk about the events that are unfolding in the world.
- Ultimately your job is to deliver a great product to our customers, and facilitate that process for our teams (so they can do it quickly, effectively, and have fun along the way)
Who You Are:
- Obsessed with building products people love.
- Passionate about Twitter and our purpose.
- Experience building an understanding of customers, and rapidly iterating to figure out how to serve their needs and solve their problems (via rapid prototyping, concept testing, experimentation, etc)
- Have a track record of collaborating with cross-functional teams to ship great consumer products.
- Have a creative and entrepreneurial spirit, are a self-starter and an analytical thinker.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, and can collaborate with a large and varied group of stakeholders.
- Circa 2-5 years of product management experience
- Experience working on a significant product roadmap from strategic inception to launch
- Computer science or engineering background strongly preferred
- Background in design, prototyping and user experience preferred
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!