Product Manager - Android Foundation
Twitter is looking for a product manager who excels at user-centric product development to join our Android mobile client team. This is a great opportunity to join a team responsible for a product that millions of users love, and reach more of our customers around the world. You’ll be working in San Francisco with a team of engineers, designers, researchers, and data scientists, some of whom are based in other locations.
Who we are:
Our company purpose is to serve the public conversation. The Android Foundation team helps serve that conversation by ensuring our Android application is modern, usable, and highly available (performant, stable, and accessible) for people across the globe and on many types of devices. This team also helps accelerate Android feature development across Twitter. Our team collaborates closely with our external platform partners to ensure we’re on the leading edge of the Android ecosystem, testing and adopting new technologies, APIs, and design patterns.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a keen understanding of how people use Twitter and these customers’ needs
- Identify and prioritize gaps in how our product currently serves those customer needs
- Work with our design, research, engineering, and data science teams to improve our product to ensure it is meeting the needs of our customers
- Work with cross functional partners inside Twitter and external partners to increase the reach of our Android application
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of customer needs, underlying technology, competition and partner ecosystem
- Set product direction and make decisions based on user feedback, user research, and data insights to deliver a phenomenal product experience for our customers
If this sounds like it might be you, you probably:
- Want to build products people love
- Passionate about Twitter and our purpose
- Think long term and are not afraid to do the unglamorous legwork that goes into building something of value over time
- Have at least 3 years of product management experience
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, and can collaborate with a large and varied group of stakeholders
- Have a track record of collaborating with cross-functional teams to ship great consumer products
- Strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision making
- Have experience working with designers, engineers, and researchers to craft useful, usable, accessible, and delightful products
- Experience working on a platform team, where some of your teams’ customers are other teams within the organization, is preferred
- Background in computer science, engineering, or a related technical field preferred
At Twitter, we have a bold aspiration to reach every person on the planet. We believe that goal is more attainable with a team that understands and represents different cultures and backgrounds. Twitter is committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to everyone, regardless of their race, color, ancestry, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran or any other legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.