Product Counsel/Senior Counsel - Platform
Who We Are:
Product Counsel are key advisors to Twitter’s product and engineering teams and partner closely with legal and business colleagues. We are passionate about the law and growing our business in a way that makes us proud.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide legal advice to our core services teams including information security, data management, platform engineering, and, in close partnership with privacy and product counsel, our geolocation and machine learning teams.
- Build and maintain scalable and effective processes for providing legal input to clients on strategic initiatives related to core infrastructure, software development life cyle processes, incident response, data governance, privacy by design, machine learning, and other cross-platform projects.
- Closely partner with our product and privacy counsel to ensure we have visibility across business units and offer consistent guidance on key areas that cross the organization such as data governance, retention and deletion, anonymization/pseudonymization of data, security, geolocation, privacy by design, and machine learning.
- Create and provide training to legal team members, clients and cross-functional stakeholders on how our core systems work and how we think about relevant laws, regulations, and self-regulatory frameworks with respect to those systems.
- Work collaboratively across multiple functions, including Legal, Engineering, Policy, and Communications
- Stay up-to-date on relevant U.S. and international laws and regulations, especially those related to cybersecurity, privacy, data governance and other applicable areas.
Who You Are:
Product Counsel must have a deep understanding of Twitter’s products and business, and an ability to guide clients with clear, practical advice in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for people who are collaborative, flexible, self-motivated, curious, creative, and clear communicators (both written and verbal). Successful candidates will have expertise in at least some of the legal areas we face on a daily basis - such as cybersecurity, privacy and data protection, advertising, and consumer protection - and a willingness and ability to learn about the rest.
- 6-10 years of legal experience with expertise in one or more of: information security policies and standards, including incident response; data governance (including data mapping and retention & deletion programs); anonymization/pseudonymization of data; analytics; and/or artificial intelligence/ machine learning.
- Knowledge of global cybersecurity laws, regulations and standards, including PCI standards.
- Exceptional communication and project management skills, including a strong desire and ability to make complex topics understandable for various audiences.
- Ability and strong desire to effectively advise, develop relationships, and work collaboratively across stakeholders both within and outside of Legal.
- Experience counseling information security, data management, and engineering teams.
- A combination of in-house and private practice experience preferable, but not required.
- Solution-oriented, customer service, and growth mindset.
- California State Bar admission in good standing (or qualified for and willing to maintain Registered In-House Counsel status with California State Bar).
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!