Partnerships Manager, News
Partner Manager, US News
Our Content Partnerships team is looking for passionate, news business-minded candidates to join our North America News team. In this role, you’ll report to the Head of US News Partnerships and work with the North America News team to generate revenue and help establish a sustainable business model on Twitter for the most high-profile News Organizations. You’ll apply a broad mix of digital marketing, sales, content strategy, and News industry expertise to identify sponsorship opportunities for these organizations.
From live streaming News programs, to video clips, to entirely new innovative formats, these content partnerships bring some of the most engaging, real-time content to the platform, and you’ll lead and manage partnerships with some of the most high profile news organizations in the US.
You’ll also interface with our most valued advertising clients and the internal leaders that represent their account and leverage your sales and packaging skills to drive advertising revenue for news programs. The Twitter sales team will rely on you to help formulate a strategy and develop packages to sell to advertisers and your news partners will rely on you to monetize their high quality news content.
- Manage relationships with News content partners, including TV networks, news organizations and digital publishers
- Develop cross-platform sponsorship packages for advertisers in concert with Twitter’s news partners to drive content monetization
- Drive innovative executions that deliver reach and incremental revenue to partners
- Champion Twitter partners internally, providing feedback on product and business processes
- Assist Twitter Sales in pitches to and ongoing relationships with brands.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams at Twitter to maximize partners’ relationship with Twitter (e.g. Content Sales, Partnership Solutions, Comms, Marketing, Product, Twitter Service, etc.)
- Act as the first point of contact for all content sponsorship programs with counterparts at Twitter and partners
- Work with Twitter partners to develop content strategy (both organic and monetized) and sponsorship packaging, train their sales forces, and provide day-to-day support to ensure their success on our service
- Assist Twitter Sales in pitches to and ongoing relationships with brands and agencies
- Represent Twitter to the news industry by speaking at relevant conferences and participating in #TwitterNews events
- BS or BA, with MBA/JD or equivalent preferred
- 5-8 years publisher facing experience in media, content, and/or sales partnerships
- Experience in and passion for the news industry and the Twitter service
- Ability to clearly communicate complex concepts and processes to partners at all levels of management
- Concrete record of sponsorship creation and partner management
- Experience with Twitter's promoted products and overall advertising model
- Demonstrated success working with cross-functional teams (product, engineering, legal, marketing, communications, finance, sales, brand strategy, etc.)
- Ability to develop working relationships at all levels of management - externally and internally
- Knowledge of mobile and internet products and technologies
- Creative, innovative thinker who is also operationally rigorous and detail-oriented
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!