Legal Policy Operations Agent, (Singapore)
Who We Are:
The teams in Twitter’s Trust & Safety (T&S) department are on the front lines of safety, speech, and policy issues that affect the Internet. We work to ensure user trust, protect user rights, and mitigate legal risk through policy definition, Terms of Service enforcement, and safety advocacy. We innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We’re a learning organization with a growth mindset, and we’re always looking for ways to improve our policies and ourselves.
What You’ll Do:
Twitter Trust & Safety seeks a detail-oriented, dedicated person to join our Legal Policy team in Singapore. Legal Policy is responsible for processing sensitive global legal requests, such as court orders or requests for user data, from start to finish including document intake, logging, analysis, processing, and follow-up. If you're analytical, goal-oriented, focused, and have a knack for handling multiple tasks efficiently, apply today!
- handle global legal requests for user data, helping to keep our legal process operations organized and on track
- be responsible for supporting your team in making sure requests are processed, tracked, and completed in an efficient and timely manner
- escalate unusual or sensitive requests to Legal Policy management, legal, or other stakeholders
- work closely with Legal Policy team members in San Francisco, Ireland, and Singapore on prioritizing requests appropriately
- serve on an on-call rotation, working closely with other members of Trust & Safety to provide timely responses to emergency requests from all over the world
- Experience in reviewing, documenting, and tracking legal requests is helpful. This role requires weekend coverage (Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday-Thursday schedule).
Who You Are:
- experience with high-volume legal document intake and processing
- excellent business judgment
- passion and enthusiasm for protecting freedom of expression and user privacy
- perseverance, determination, and grit
- a collaborative and optimistic mindset
- at ease with providing clear and concise responses to time-sensitive requests
- an excellent communicator, and will maintain open, thorough, and regular communication with teammates and cross-functional teams
- flexible and can adjust accordingly to ensure team efficiency and deliverables are met
- detail-oriented, organized, and able to prioritize tasks in a dynamic work environment even when they are sometimes monotonous
- able to spot anomalies or unusual patterns in requests you handle
- looking for an entry level position, due to limited or no prior work experience
- a keen decision maker, self motivated, and a great teammate
- deliver consistent high-quality work
- manage your time and prioritize work effectively
- think strategically about challenging global issues
- Weekend coverage (Standard schedule = Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday-Thursday)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education / experience
- Business level proficiency in Japanese or Korean
- 1-3 years experience at a tech company in a similar role
NOTE: Telecommuting is not an option; this is a full-time role in Singapore. Please be sure to specify all languages and level of fluency in your application/resume.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
You may be exposed to sensitive or graphic content, including but not limited to, vulgar language, violent threats, pornography and other graphic images.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!