Lead, Marketing & Strategy, Global Business Marketing (Tokyo)
Who We Are
Twitter’s Global Business Marketing (GBM) Team leverages our client and industry expertise in communicating values of Twitter to marketers and agencies we target. We aim to establish Twitter as indispensable partner to our clients’ business successes. Internally, we represent the voice of marketers/agencies to our functional partners including Sales, Research, Product, and more. Externally, we demonstrate the power and effectiveness of Twitter to marketing decision-makers. Our team manages Japan/Korea Region with a primary focus on Japan.
Who You Are
You are a professional, equipped with strong thinking capabilities, analytical & numerical rigor, and planning and fundamental marketing skills. As a generalist, you will cover rather wide marketing disciplines with a focus on analysis, market insight, research, strategy, knowledge management, etc. You will have an opportunity to work on core strategic areas, such as market segmentation, business positioning, content strategy, messaging and narrative development. You will partner with team to shape effective marketing approaches, prioritize the highest-impact marketing activities, and establish clear metrics for success, while being exposed to opportunities of practical campaign planning and marketing activations that the team work on (customer events, narrative writing, creative, media planning, etc.) Also, there are plenty of opportunities to work with other regions (US, Europe, Latin America, Singapore...) on a daily/weekly basis, who you get support, knowledge & learning, advice, and inspiration from.
If you are motivated by the idea of rolling up your sleeves and collaborating across functions/global colleagues to develop winning strategies and bring robust marketing programs to life, this role is for you. If you also love learning about new things with smart, hard working, friendly, and fun loving colleagues, it is even more so. Your work happens every day with fellow Marketers, Sales teams, Research, PR/Communications, Brand & Creative Studio, Finance & Ops, and more. Your role will be the key to lead the way for Twitter business marketing in Japan toward the next stage as well as to help maximize ongoing revenues to keep Twitter growing. You will report to the Director of Global Business Marketing, Japan & Korea.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze market, industry, customers, technological trends, audience, competitors, etc., which enables GBM team to fully comprehend what is happening and stay ahead of other players
- Collaborate with Research team to manage/develop effective research plans for business marketing and to distill insightful and actionable learning
- Lead strategy development with GBM Director for high-level, long/mid-term marketing program and also for ongoing marketing activities requiring timely, within-budget solutions
- Take leadership in learning & knowledge management, best practice sharing
- Develop a content strategy, by analyzing what is available and what needs to be created/prioritized, to make Twitter as destination for advertisers/agencies to come to when they want to know
- Dive deep to create a messaging strategy, which make Twitter appealing, relevant, and competitive to our target needs. Guide team to develop effective narratives in all of our communications
- Analyze and lead robust KPI setting to effectively measure our marketing activities & ROIs, our competitive position, and to be guided on future opportunities
- Partner with Sales teams to shape effective sales programs, including database management, leads generation, tracking, CRM, etc.
- Lead an annual strategy planning with GBM Director to thoroughly review this year and set a direction for the next year
- As senior leader in JP/KR GBM team, take initiative and lead team discussions to foster effective, collaborative, cross-learning, and fun team culture
- Co-work with Japan functional leaders to drive cross-functional initiatives and enhance good culture in the JP office
- Be a liaison with global Directors/Managers on marketing planning discussions and knowledge sharing
- Fluency in English & Japanese required; experience working at a global company
- 10+ years of business experience; BA/BS degree at least. MBA is a great plus
- Marketing or closely related job experience needed
- Robust experience of business, industry, or marketing analyses. Strong at numbers and metrics
- Strong understanding of quantitative and qualitative researches and tools
- Good understanding of media and digital advertising
- Marketing/Brand managers, business consultants, media strategists, and Agency strategic planners can be a good fit
- Proven skills and experience of delivering high-quality outputs of analysis, report, marketing or business plan
- Excellent communication both in verbal and written. Outstanding in visual presentations with great skills in PPT/Keynote use
- While being self-confident, is adept at working with team, and possess good inter-personnel skills
- Proven ability to drive projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment even in turbulence or ambiguity
- Builder mentality, an insatiable sense of curiosity, and love getting to work
- Proficiency crafting creative, inspiring, solution-driven stories that communicate complex concepts simply
- Passion for understanding the customer and digging in to identify client needs and solutions that only Twitter can deliver
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!