IT Product Manager - End User Support & Infrastructure
Who We Are
At Twitter, our IT team works cross functionally with our IT Systems, Engineering Operations, Security, and business partners to work, handle ticket escalations and resolve issues. We on-board new employees, provision new hardware, provide support, and build tools and technology that connect our employees across the globe. Ultimately, we are responsible for supporting Twitter employees in over 30 offices in 18 different countries.
What You’ll Do
To strengthen our growing team, we are looking for an experienced product manager with a background in driving the strategic direction of internal products. You will synthesize a product vision and partner with customer and engineering teams to define new support practices and workflows for emerging and existing technology. You help determine how we manage our global fleet of technology and act as a subject matter expert to help prepare the team for new changes to core systems.
Who You Are
You have outstanding social skills, are an analytical thinker, and great at navigating complex issues. You have experience working with a growing team and you thrive in a fast paced environment. You love building relationships with customers, business partners and IT team members alike. You are passionate about IT end user support, have an excellent background in managing global projects, and shipping solutions at scale.
If this sounds like you, you probably have experience with:
- Thinking strategically, influencing decisions, and crafting a compelling product vision
- Conveying your product vision through bold product roadmaps and proactively planning for future development
- Functional and technical knowledge of Twitter IT supported services, applications, and hardware
- Building policies and IT support procedures governing Twitter’s engagement model for managed services
- Promoting teamwork and leading a cross-functional team of engineering, operations, and internal customers to deliver multiple projects to aggressive timelines from inception to launch
- Capturing product requirements
- Delivering products that are recognized as best in the industry
- Identifying and resolving inefficiencies in tools, process, and workflows as well as brainstorming new methods of efficiency to support our key business partners
- Making build, buy, or partner recommendations for key capabilities required to deliver various aspects of the product solution
- Advanced technical skills with the ability to quickly adapt to new tools and processes
- Documenting best practices in developing and using GSuite, Chrome (hardware/OS), Okta, Duo Mobile, SSL VPN, and other IT services
- Effectively communicating with all levels of staff, including executive level stakeholders
- Working within and planning against a defined release schedule
- Prioritizing and maintaining internal customer request backlogs
- Defining and analyzing metrics that inform the success of the product
- BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Sciences, Information Systems or Business Administration desired
- Hands on experience with frontline customer technical support
- 5+ years experience, preferably in product management of corporate systems or IT project management
- Possess understanding IT Infrastructure technologies and concepts
- Experience with Atlassian, GSuite, Chrome/ChromeOS, Slack, MacOS, and mobile operating systems
- Background working within an Agile environment
- Experience with team supervision or people management a plus
- Experience with vendor management a plus
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!