Escalations Lead, Japan (Tokyo)
Who We Are:
Twitter is seeking an Escalations Lead who will be responsible for responding to escalations sent by our vendors, Executives and VITs, as well as improving our regional support efforts by helping us to understand our customers and how we can better serve them. You will work closely with our internal partners and BPO vendors to identify user pain points and design improvements. The position is based in Tokyo, Japan.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze, respond and communicate with our users while resolving escalations in-app or online reporting portals.
- Provide emergency user support by working on cases reported by users, Executives and vendors on a daily basis
- Take part in global escalations process via on-call rotation, and respond to cases in any FTE-only high priority views
- Serve as the in-region support lead, providing a link between our product teams and operations, highlighting the support issues encountered by our users
- Provide actionable insights and recommendations to our operations team to improve the consumer support experience. Focus will be on proactive enforcement of issues facing the platform (e.g. impersonation, bot proliferation, and user safety)
- Map customer feedback and behavior onto the customer journey to identify pain points and new opportunities within the support experience
- Identify changes to our support workflow by reviewing survey data, analyzing user behavior data, comparing our efforts against regional competition and conducting one-on-one interviews
- Plan strategic initiatives to improve agent workflow, training & quality, reduce cost, increase productivity and improve SLAs, resulting in improvements to our consumer experience
- Conduct detailed root-cause analyses and data-mining around customer issues and customer experience
- Work cross-functionally and globally with Sales, Product, Operations, Policy, and other internal organizations across Twitter to execute and drive partnerships
Who You Are:
- Exceptional communication skills. Ability to speak fluently to senior executives, salespeople and product managers
- Program manager with strong analytical background
- Process driven leader, with a desire to drive business process excellence
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with a bias for action
- Great demeanor and partner-facing attitude, including being reliable, helpful, and efficient
- 8+ years of relevant experience in user support and program management within social media platforms or consumer electronics industries
- Proven experience in process improvement and/or change leadership
- A BS degree in Business Administration or Marketing. MBA is preferred, but not required
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% to global vendor locations
- Fluent in Japanese and Business level English
We recommend the use of Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome when accessing our online application.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.