Engineering Manager, Site Reliability Engineering (Revenue)
Who We Are
Twitter’s revenue organization operates services at massive scale. We are looking for a technical, industry-experienced engineering manager to join us and lead a team of talented engineers who build beautiful, simple tools and services to help their colleagues safely release and maintain production systems. We serve a diverse and growing set of customers who rely on you and your team to reliably and quickly develop features. You will be responsible for helping colleagues to run the largest production services at Twitter and support almost $3 billion in yearly advertising revenue.
Twitter Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) are Software Engineers who design scalable solutions that enable simple and elegant management of complex distributed systems. We implement software in a reliable and sustainable manner, and support our software to ensure a high quality customer experience. We craft tools, processes and frameworks to guide colleagues through safely releasing production code, provide guidance and support for monitoring distributed systems, and enable colleagues to achieve their desired reliability outcomes.
What You’ll Do
We believe passion and personality matter; as such, we need leaders that can manage diverse, smart, and driven engineers while balancing day to day people management with moving the business forward both technically and culturally.
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of engineers who are working to keep Twitter reliable and scalable. Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Mentor, grow, and empower your team by giving them the skills, confidence and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to their personal and professional success, and enable them to become technical leaders.
- Help the individuals on your team to build and execute personal development plans that align with Twitter’s goals and objectives, and understand how their work fits into the bigger picture.
- Scale the team up by sourcing and hiring talented SREs both externally and internally.
- Manage SREs in Twitter offices around the world and remotely.
- Take an active role in driving and evolving the roadmap for the SRE Org.
- Drive cross-team and cross-org alignment around reliability between Product and Infrastructure engineering teams.
- Partner with other Engineering Managers across Twitter to achieve reliability outcomes for their services.
- Participate in deep technical design discussions within your team, and across partner teams.
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of software engineering or site reliability engineering experience in a highly customer-focused environment.
- You have 2+ years experience successfully managing a team of 5-8 engineers on large-scale projects that included technical deep-dives and production troubleshooting in the areas of: distributed systems, debugging, performance
- You possess strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate teams.
- You will bring a strong perspective and collaborative partnership that drives change, and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex operational or reliability challenges.
- You have experience formulating a team's technical strategy and roadmap, and you've collaborated and partnered effectively with several other teams.
- You have experience building services and systems, have successfully taken projects from inception to production, and are comfortable diving in to provide leadership for major projects when needed.
- You are capable of leading a discussion with upper management, and are able to tailor the level of technical detail to suit your audience.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!