Data Manager - Data Management Organization
Who we are
The Data Management Organization is tasked with ownership and management of the shared data services environments. This function oversees the data shared services environment and ensures company wide consistency around data lifecycle, privacy, security, and ultimately the data strategy. Data Management organization is chartered to build Data Monitoring, Auditing, and compliance assessment tools. This is an effort to digitize the process of Data Governance across the organization globally.
Who you are
The Data Manager will collaborate with Legal, Security, Engineering and Product teams to build and prioritize requirements for the reference data and data management tool implementing data warehouse, and master data solutions. Data Manager will be the Product Manager owning Data Management tools, Data Policies, and rules. Ideal candidate will have a lot of passion around Enterprise Data Architecture, Data Quality, and has a knack to influence key stakeholders using facts and insights.
This role has an opportunity to influence cross functional team across the organization by evangelizing and implementing tools and ideas that drive efficiency and Productivity across everything/anything that touches Data.
- Drive requirements definition for data management and data warehousing tools and services
- Build out product roadmaps through discussions with stakeholders from across the company
- Perform a Product Owner role by articulating implementation priorities to development teams
- Champion Data Handling Standards in a positive, momentum-building way across Engineering
- Implement shared service data projects, delivering data requirements, data quality, data mapping and transformation, data migration and reconciliation and testing scenarios
- Conduct assessments of shared service environments, champion continuous improvement initiatives and drive innovation
- Team oriented, incorporate feedback quickly and seamlessly
- Self-starter who is looking to lead and advise rather than be told how to complete tasks
- Know how to navigate and tackle ambiguous problems
- Treat people well -- disagree without being disagreeable
- Manages a portfolio of activities and resources across multiple functions: data lineage and metadata management, data quality monitoring and reporting, data operations and platform business analysis support.
- Lead stakeholders across the company in the maintenance of the data platforms used for internal and external reporting
- Be the subject matter expertise within data governance working groups and management committees
- Demonstrated success working on large complex projects with multiple cross functional stakeholders
- Thorough understanding of data models, data relationships, mapping lineage
- Working knowledge of Hadoop, Vertica, MySQL databases and how they interact with data management tooling
- Understanding of PII, GDPR, and other data compliance standards both local and global
- Experience with both operational and project responsibilities
- 5 years data management/governance experience with a significant amount of experience leading data warehousing and/or data management projects
- Experience with data privacy, compliance and security control enablement
- Solid understanding of how to implement common data management / governance processes
- Experience with Data Architecture, Data Quality Tools and Data Modeling
- Able to advocate on the behalf of the team to other teams
- Can lead projects across teams
- Ability to build new things and solve existing problems with incomplete or ambiguous data
- Push past existing constraints and limitations
- Build consensus
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!