API Policy Domain Specialist
Who We Are
Twitter’s Site Integrity team works on the cutting edge of issues that affect the internet today — from combating spam and computational propaganda, to building new tools to keep the world informed during major events. We innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We’re a learning organization with a growth mindset, and we’re always looking for ways to improve our policies and ourselves.
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for an experienced, proactive, and detail-oriented team member to help develop and enforce Twitter’s data, developer, and API policies. Individuals in this role will work with teams across Twitter, as well as with members of the Twitter community, to empower thousands of developers worldwide to safely harness the power of Twitter data.
In this role, you will support Twitter’s “Know Your Customer” program for developers using our Enterprise APIs. This includes process development, auditing, and enforcement for Twitter’s data business and our public APIs to help ensure that Twitter data is being used in a manner consistent with Twitter policies. You’ll provide clear, actionable policy advice to the developer community and to internal stakeholders, and help identify win-win solutions to urgent customer issues.
- Develop and implement data and API policies across Twitter’s standard and Enterprise APIs. Handle incoming queries about API policy areas with clear, helpful, and complete responses and feedback.
- Lead investigative efforts into potential API abuse, including using internal resources, external and publicly-available sources, and audits of customer activity.
- Conduct hands-on reviews of the product and service offerings of users of Twitter’s APIs to validate policy compliance.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and tools for conducting investigations of alleged policy or use case violations, including developing new tools and processes to facilitate investigations as appropriate.
- Develop an audit plan to follow up on clear evidence of policy or use case violations, conduct internal audits and oversee independent third party audits.
- Continuously evaluate, propose, and execute on improvements for existing processes and policies.
This role is based in San Francisco, reporting to Twitter’s Head of Site Integrity.
Who You Are
- You have a proven track record of owning and successfully completing cross-functional projects from planning to implementation.
- You have exceptional interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- You have a deep knowledge of online privacy, safety, and developer policy issues.
- You are familiar with the Twitter API and uses of Twitter data.
- You have strong process modeling and problem solving capabilities, and can promptly propose solutions to address product and user needs.
- Experience working with quantitative and qualitative data to support recommendations.
- Proficiency with Excel and SQL, a plus.
- 4+ years experience in developer relations, developer advocacy, or online policy
- BA/BS or equivalent professional experience
Potential exposure to sensitive or graphic content, including but not limited to vulgar language, violent threats, pornography and other graphic images.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!