Analyst II, Safety Enforcement Operations
WHO WE ARE
We are the Twitter Service team, dedicated to delivering customer service through meaningful connections and enforcing policies to promote healthy exchanges in the public conversation. Whether we're optimizing support operations, guarding the health of the service through scaled enforcement, driving content and support channel strategies, or localizing the product for our global audience, we're with our customers every step of the way.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In this role, you will deliver efficient and high quality safety enforcement, moderation, and customer support to our global users. In addition to safety enforcement operational support, you will lead cross functional projects with partners throughout the company to implement and operationalize Trust & Safety policies. You will become an expert in all user safety issues that we support, respond to issues and incidents, collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop workflows and launch training initiatives to large groups of Support Agents while monitoring overall operational trends and improving key metrics.
- Lead daily safety enforcement operations and agent workflows across multiple geographies to respond to complex user escalations and reports, especially related to safety on the platform.
- Act as domain expert and point of contact for internal partners and vendor partners to review and analyze safety and abuse reporting on the platform.
- Drive global strategies related to our online platform safety operations, implementing plans and overseeing their execution.
- Manage stakeholder relationships with Product, Trust & Safety, Engineering, Legal, Comms and others to develop and launch new safety policies on the platform
- Create and analyze reports and dashboards to monitor and investigate operational safety abuse trends
- Lead project initiatives to find new and innovative ways to consistently improve safety efforts, response times and support to users
- Manage communication with vendors, including answering questions, providing support and working collaboratively on scaling solutions
- Join the team’s on-call rotation, investigate and resolve high-profile issues thoroughly and turn around any incidents or negative trends in operational work
- Report issues with internal tools to engineering teams and scope out new tooling requests
- Deliver trainings on various policies and workflows to large global teams
- Help define quality review guidelines and perform quality reviews as needed
- Ability to review sensitive and potentially disturbing content including but not limited to vulgar language, hate speech, violent threats, pornography and other graphic images
WHO YOU ARE
We’re looking for a passionate team member with excellent communication skills, strong analytical skills, experience in supporting user/consumer operations and, of course, tons of enthusiasm for helping people and keeping Twitter’s fast-growing user base safe.
If this sounds like it might be you, you probably have:
- Experience in handling user reports and/or high-priority support and/or enforcement issues
- Strong analytical skills, metrics driven and experience in business/data analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and highly developed social skills
- Experience supporting high profile and/or publicly visible individuals either directly or in partnership with their representatives
- Influence and collaboration skills to affect change with cross functional stakeholders
- Flexibility; open to changing priorities and handling multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes and under pressure
- Ability to solve problems creatively and proactively, especially during critical situations
- Experience driving large cross-functional projects across different timezones; familiarity with project planning methodology (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience working with Service Cloud, JIRA, Tableau, or similar software. Service Cloud admin skills, basic programming and/or experience in automation a plus.
- Active, passionate Twitter user with strong interest in social media
- BA/BS degree or local equivalent; advanced degree a plus
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a safety, enforcement or customer support role, preferably in a fast-paced online support environment or a role involving vendor relationship management
- Flexibility is required as you might be asked to work late shifts or weekends
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!