Technical Revenue Accounting Manager
Who We Are:
Twitter is looking for a Manager for our Technical Revenue Accounting team who can be a key contributor in a high-energy accounting and finance organization. You have at least 5 years of experience in a leadership role at a global organization or public accounting firm with strong technical revenue accounting skills. You are a strategic thinker while having the proven ability to get into the day to day details.
What You'll Do:
- Review revenue contracts to determine proper revenue recognition treatment
- Analyze a broad range of complex revenue recognition issues
- Support business partners during contract negotiations; advise on transaction structure to align contract terms and operating objectives
- Draft technical revenue accounting position papers for complex contracts
- Collaborate with group leads to operationalize deal arrangements.
- Assist with the timely and accurate close of the revenue cycle and all associated reporting and reconciliations
- Assist with global revenue policies - implement end to end revenue processes
- Ensure the accounting system is in compliance with the latest revenue recognition standards and lead the system update/upgrade efforts if needed
- Lead the development and implementation of new procedures and system features to enhance workflow
- Collaborate with business groups throughout the Company – effectively communicating and educating revenue recognition policies and compliance requirements
- Provide support to ensure financial audit requirements are met
- Ensure compliance with key controls in the order to cash cycle, accurate GAAP reporting and audit requirements
Who You Are:
- You have a proven track record of leadership while demonstrating the utmost integrity
- You enjoy challenging opportunities to critically think through and design solutions to address complex technical revenue accounting and operational issues
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and often ambiguous work environment
- You enjoy working in a dynamic team environment consisting of enthusiastic team members with complementary skills and common goals
- You have experience with working with a diverse group of cross-functional business partners with the ability to provide support and guidance while maintaining integrity and ensuring compliance
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to manage tasks simultaneously
- Strategic critical thinker with attention to detail
- You have strong analytical, financial, accounting, communication, and problem-solving skills
- You exhibit an enthusiastic, can-do spirit and approach your work with curiosity, resilience, and a growth mindset in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment.
- You have a demonstrated commitment to ongoing personal growth and development.
- You are passionate about technology and relish the opportunity to learn and apply new technical concepts to your work.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting - CPA or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years of work experience required, including public accounting experience, preferably with 5+ years in hands-on support of revenue accounting cycles
- Extensive knowledge of technical revenue accounting and operations; in particular revenue recognition accounting literature, including the new revenue recognition standard
- Hands-on experience with Oracle and, Microsoft Office suite and contract management systems
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!