Staff Quantitative User Researcher
Who You Are:
You’re an experienced researcher with a strong, working understanding of survey methodology, statistical inference, regression modeling, exploratory data analysis, and mathematical demography. You enjoy presenting research to a crowd, and you are curious, creative, and rigorous about survey research. You are an expert in survey and experiment design, and have a firm understanding of how different analysis methods work and when to use them.
You know exactly what questions to ask to get to the heart of an inquiry, where to probe, and how to implement the most effective research strategies. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy setting your own research goals, managing load and expectations, and delivering actionable research findings and recommendations. You’re passionate about Twitter and believe great experiences are always inspired by a deep understanding of the user.
What You’ll Do:
- Help the Quantitative Research team become the gold standard for research in the industry
- Develop and track quantitative measures of user experience (goals, metrics)
- Design the appropriate approach for a wide variety of user experience questions
- Develop robust sampling and weighting methodologies for various populations and projects including international markets
- Deliver timely and tangible findings and prioritized recommendations to stakeholders
- Conduct original research, publish and present at conferences
- Present user research to cross-functional stakeholders, researchers, Twitter at large
- Collaborate closely with qualitative researchers and data scientists
- Mentor junior researchers
- Help product teams more deeply understand our users, brands, and developers
- Help streamline the quantitative research process via automation and standardization
- MS or PhD in Statistics, Political Science, Survey Methodology, or other Social Science or a related field
- Strong publication record
- Experience applying survey methodology (bias correction, sampling and design)
- Experience with R, SQL (Python a plus!)
- Experience with Bayesian statistical models, primary data collection, field experiments, experimental design, missing data, low response rate probability samples / nonprobability samples, observational causal inference (regression adjustment, matching, propensity score stratification)
- Demonstrated experience and comfort with public speaking
- 5+ years conducting user experience research and/or market research is preferred - demonstrated expertise in a relevant field
- Experience working with large scale data sets (logs analysis, surveys, experimental design)
- Data visualization (time-series, statistical distributions, maps, hierarchies, networks)
- Comfort with Data Science including machine learning, natural language processing a plus
- Experience with Tableau or similar platform a plus
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!