Sr Accountant, LATAM
Who We Are
Inspire change. Make an impact. Twitter is a global platform for public self-expression and conversation in real time. With over 500 million tweets a day and 313 million active users, Twitter helps you create and share ideas and information instantly, without barriers.
Twitter is seeking an experienced & highly motivated LATAM Financial Accountant with strong ethical & interpersonal skills to be based in Sao Paulo, our LATAM HQ, to work in a fast moving, challenging yet fun environment. This role will help to shape & support business growth and ensure continues added value to business & financial processes.
What You'll Do
- Support the LATAM monthly close process by working closely with outsourced providers to:
- Ensure business future growth & demand is adequately supported by accounting functions
- Maintain comprehensive & forward-looking records to report accurate, relevant, timely & ad-hoc LATAM financial information & results to wide range of internal & external stakeholders
- Continuously assess & adapt to emerging challenges & exploit future opportunities
- Stay on the top of new technologies & analytic tools and their impact on business & accounting to drive process improvement
- Collaborate and partner with business to accurately interpret & present insight information & balances in order to help organization achieve short-term & long-term goals
- Hold regular financial operations calls and reviews with outsourced partner
- Drive continues improvement of, and provide training and mentoring to outsourced partner
- Take ownership of and become subject matter expert for assigned accounting processes e.g. accruals, prepayments.
- Application of professional judgments and, in doing so, to exercise the highest standards of integrity, independence and scepticism
- Ensure that all operational queries are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Undertake periodic operational review of procedures to improve efficiency and reduce risk
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and external reporting requirements for LATAM;
- Annual statutory audits
- Other activities;
- Support system rollouts and enhancements
- Provide analysis of key financial data for specific business units
- Monitor specific key performance indicators
- Support group wide project initiatives
Who You Are
- Recognized Qualification in one of ACA, CIMA, ACCA, or CPA
- 1-3 years post qualification experience in a multinational environment
- Strong Oracle experience with proficiency in Excel
- Good project management and technical accounting skills
- Experience in a SOX compliant environment
- Intermediate / Advanced English
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Well organized and skilled at prioritizing
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Good communication skills within a team environment
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!