Software Engineer - Video Data Infrastructure
Who We Are
The Video Data Infrastructure builds stream and aggregation infrastructure that makes it easy to measure and understand the performance of video at Twitter’s scale. We collect tens of billions of daily video events from hundreds of millions of Twitter users. In order to do this, we work on cutting edge streaming compute technologies. The correct collection, aggregation, and serving of video analytics data are critical to being able to meet the strategic needs of Twitter both now and in the future. Our video data empowers data scientists to gain insights into how our users are consuming video related content and answer important questions in support of data-driven business decisions, it drives externally visible video view video analysis in Twitter products, and it allows product teams to build and measure what they want quickly and easily. We focus heavily on our customers to make sure we’re building the best products to multiply the impact of others at Twitter. We’re a team of highly-skilled, collaborative, enthusiastic and passionate engineers working in this leading-edge space.
What You’ll Do
You’ll help identify and build products that allow developers at Twitter to easily aggregate, measure, and analyze the performance of their products at scale, and end users of Twitter to understand how their media is performing on the platform. We’ll both challenge and support you to do the best work of your career. You’ll have the opportunity to have a truly global impact, working on products that shape and influence the world.
Who You Are
We’re looking for a software engineer who excels at building robust and scalable products in a collaborative and customer focused environment. The ideal candidate should have experience working on backend technologies and as a bonus will have prior experience doing analytics and data aggregation work at scale.
If this sounds like it might be you, you probably have:
- A track record of building great products
- A strong focus on doing the right thing for your customers
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills
- A technical depth that allows you to rapidly diagnose and fix bugs
- A dedicated and enthusiastic approach to solving complex problems
- A detailed approach to writing tests and quality assurance
- Strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision making
- 3+ years of backend development experience.
- A strong technical background with experience building backend services with a server-side technology such as Java, Scala, Thrift, or Node.js.
- A proven understanding of storage and caching systems, interface and API design, and the ability to use and apply them in real-world situations with complex constraints
- Experience working closely across a variety of teams including other backend engineers, front end engineers, and product management
- Knowledge of core CS concepts such as common data structures and algorithms, profiling/optimization
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!