Site Policy Domain Specialist, Latin America - Trust & Safety
Do you have a passion for resolving complex online safety and abuse matters? Are you interested in exploring unique challenges at the intersection of safety and freedom of expression that require a multidisciplinary approach and creative solutions? Do you enjoy research and intelligence gathering? Excited about the idea of working as part of a global, diverse team? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
Who We Are:
The teams in Twitter’s Trust & Safety department are on the front lines of safety, expression, and policy issues that affect the Internet. Site Policy encompasses team members that work on safety, cybercrime, and identity policy areas and the team works to ensure user trust, protect user rights, and mitigate legal risk through policy definition, Terms of Service enforcement, and safety advocacy. We innovate, experiment, and move quickly. We’re a learning organization with a growth mindset, and we’re always looking for ways to improve our policies, processes, and ourselves.
We are seeking an experienced, motivated teammate to join our team in San Francisco as a Latin America specialist.
What You’ll Do:
- You will be responsible for researching, drafting, and driving process changes for policy and safety solutions to better serve our customers in global markets, including Latin America.
- You will critically evaluate our policies to understand how they might apply in Latin American markets.
- You will be responsible for proactively detecting threats that could migrate to Twitter and helping us get ahead of those threats.
- You will monitor key trends in behaviors and feed those trends into our global policy development process.
- You will build relationships with key internal partners and work with those teams to implement, enforce, and communicate our policies in a clear, objective, and patient way.
- You will drive data-based decisions and implement key changes to improve policy performance over time.
- You will handle escalations for complex cases and may participate in an emergency on-call rotation.
Who You Are:
- You are experienced in developing policies to protect users online across a range of issues.
- You have deep geopolitical knowledge of Latin American markets and have spent time thinking about the ways in which those users interact online.
- You enjoy research and conducting online investigations.
- You are passionate about protecting user privacy and freedom of expression and have a deep understanding of global online safety and abuse matters.
- You are resilient and enjoy working independently.
- You have the ability to anticipate needs, develop, and implement solutions.
- You are extremely detail-oriented and patient, with extraordinary communication skills.
- You are enthusiastic, adaptable, and can quickly translate feedback into action.
Strongly preferred experience:
- 5+ years experience working on content policy and/or online abuse matters
- Prior experience working in a globally distributed team
- Prior experience working in a Latin American market or in a role that required Latin American expertise
- Prior experience building out policies or strategies for issues in Latin America
- Experience in operations & process improvement
- Masters Degree or equivalent education / experience
- Working knowledge of Spanish and Portuguese
NOTE: Telecommuting is not an option. Please be sure to specify all languages and level of fluency in your application/resume.
Here’s all the legal good stuff
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!