Senior Software Engineer - Audiences and Forecasting
Whether you're launching a product, promoting your brand story, or jumping into discussions about what matters most, Twitter Ads help you reach your goals. Our code operates at massive scale and speed, serving billions of requests per day, connecting hundreds of millions of active Twitter users to real-time information about their lives and the world we live in.
We’re excited to announce that Twitter Revenue Experience organization is opening its first engineering outpost in our Boulder, CO office. The new Audiences & Forecasting team will work in close collaboration with the engineers, product managers and designers that are currently working from our San Francisco and New York locations. The team will also have the support of already established engineering teams in Boulder office with best practices and resources to lean on.
Are you looking for an opportunity to help us build the new team, lead projects, mentor engineers and take your skills to the next level while having a huge impact? Read on.
Who We Are:
Twitter Revenue Experience team is responsible for all interfaces between Twitter ad products and advertisers through which most of Twitter’s $2.44B in revenue flow. These encompass desktop UI, mobile UI, and programmatic access via APIs. Our products are used by advertisers of all sizes – from the world’s largest brands and agencies to small businesses and personal brands. We play a vital role in affecting all advertising revenue at Twitter. We achieve this by working closely with Product Managers, Designers, and User Researchers with a focus on scale, usability, performance, and impact. We’re a truly full stack team with expertise in mobile, web, backend and data and our culture emphasizes creative problem solving, fast iteration and execution.
The Audiences & Forecasting team’s mission is to build the forecasting layer for various ad products here at Twitter. We predict unique users and impressions they can see for a given budget. We look at the past data and use various statistical and programmatic modelling to accurately calculate the future campaign performance metric (unique reach, pricing, average frequency). This team will play a critical role in building the products for our advertisers to define their target audience as well as helping them to determine and allocate the budgets.
Accurate, trustworthy forecasting is a prerequisite to be able to compete for these budgets, because advertisers need to get what they were promised.
Come build the next generation of products that empower marketers to tell the most interesting, relevant stories in the world, and make a meaningful contribution to an iconic company.
Who You Are:
You are excited to join an incredibly talented and enthusiastic team, which loves to tackle new challenges. You like a dynamic & fun environment, believe in Twitter’s mission in the world, and want to be a core actor in pushing it forward.
If you are an analytical thinker who enjoys complex math problems and algorithm design we would like to talk with you. We look forward to working with people who share our passion for good engineering fundamentals and making decisions grounded in data. We sweat the details.
What You’ll Do:
You will take up the task of allowing Twitter’s largest advertisers to plan their campaigns with confidence on one side and will be working with our science team on defining the best audience for our clients. You’ll collaborate with data scientists, digging into massive datasets in order to discover insights that can improve the quality of our forecasts. You’ll develop the algorithms in our online forecasting service, turning those insights into working code. You’ll enhance our data pipelines, marshalling and optimizing the information we need to answer queries. And you’ll own a significant product surface at Twitter, caring about operational quality and the metrics that illustrate that we’re helping our customers be successful.
We’d like to talk to you if:
- 4+ years industry experience working with confidence on a massive scale, microservice-based tech stack that includes Java, Scala, Kafka, Hadoop/Scalding, Heron, and Aurora/Mesos.
- You have a track record of implementing simple, elegant solutions / great products across distributed systems.
- You’ve demonstrated an ability to excel in whatever you pursue (whether it's work, school, competitions, open source contributions, personal projects, etc.—you've always stood out and succeeded)
- You have experience with a diverse range of frameworks/technologies, whether through work or side projects, with special interest in batch or streaming data processing technologies
- You have a sound grasp on OOP concepts, data structures and algorithms.
- You have a disciplined approach to writing unit and integration tests.
- You have working knowledge of an OOP language (e.g. Java or Scala) and a scripting language (e.g. Python)
- You have knowledge of distributed computing architectures.
- You easily articulate complex concepts in writing and speech.
- You’re no stranger to microservices.
- You have operational knowledge of relational and non-relational databases (e.g. MySQL/Postgres and Cassandra/ElasticSearch).
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!