Senior Data Scientist-Technical Lead- Consumer Product- Health
Who We Are:
Twitter is the infrastructure of the world’s public conversation. Events break on Twitter, from massive and world-changing to the local data science meet-up. Users exchange and shape their thoughts by forming communities with shared interests.
Twitter’s Health Data Science Team, situated within the Consumer Data Science Organization, works closely with our partners in engineering, product, design, user research, Twitter Support, policy, and more. Our goal is to improve the health of the public conversation, ensuring that users feel safe while using our platform.
What You’ll Do:
You will work as part of the Health Data Science Team to help the Health Organization make data-driven decisions that ensure that Twitter is a safe and informative experience for our customers. We do this through analyses, metrics, experimentation, research, and more.
As such, you will:
- Conduct analyses to learn from our vast amount of data
- Apply advanced statistical techniques to build and benchmark novel metrics, identify impact of product and policies, and study causal impact of our Health initiatives.
- Write complex data flows using SQL, frameworks (e.g., Scalding, Spark), and scripting languages (e.g., Python, R)
- Use data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Zeppelin) to share ongoing insights.
- Communicate findings to audiences with a wide range of talents.
- 5+ years of industry experience in the area of Data Science and technical lead
- You have an advanced degree with a background in quantitative analysis or possess commensurate work experience using these skills to solve problems and answer questions in an industry setting.
- You are a self-starter who is capable of learning on the job, takes initiative, and can thrive within a large team. You can pivot from blockers and develop a new approach when there are no precedents.
- You have experience owning complex projects from start to finish and influencing entire organizations with the work you do. You define a data science roadmap and execute against it in collaboration with others.
- You are passionate about insights, not just data. You’re a strategic thinker and are able to synthesize methodology and data into actionable product, policy, and/or support strategy from your analyses.
- You communicate your findings clearly and effectively to a wide audience of relevant partners, and are capable of building meaningful presentations and analyses that tell a story.
- You value teamwork and teammates. You are invested in knowledge sharing and learning from others. You contribute positively and meaningfully to cultivate an inclusive team culture.
- You are personable, empathetic, and able to connect with each and every person on the team and throughout the company.
Nice to Have:
- You have previous experience with adversarial actors, such as abusers, bots, spam, and/or fake account detection and remediation methods.
- You studied computational social science or related fields that take a statistical approach to social systems.
- You have a deep and nuanced understanding of statistics, especially involving class imbalance problems.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!