Senior BI Engineer
Twitter is a growing organization that faces new challenges as it evolves. The IT Enterprise Applications Team focuses on the building blocks of applications and tools that improve the productivity of employees across the company.
Who We Are
At Twitter our IT Enterprise Applications team focuses on implementing and supporting applications to help our internal customers meet their operational needs. We are responsible for establishing processes for continual improvement, guiding administration, and partnering with multiple stakeholders on a project-to-project basis. Our mission is to keep our business running effectively while maintaining a healthy application environment.
What You’ll Do
To continually strengthen our growing team, we are looking for an experienced business intelligence engineer with a background in project based work and data development. You will partner with business and engineering teams to prioritize requests and consistently deliver excellent results against time-sensitive priorities. You have practiced interpersonal skills, possess a broad range of database related experience, are team-oriented, and you thrive in a dynamic environment.
Who You Are
We are looking for qualified engineers with a proven background in data pipeline tools, data analysis, ETL and data modeling skills.
What You'll Do
- Representing the voice of our internal customers through database administration
- Partnering with IT business analysts to meet internal data migration & reporting requirements
- Absorbing and leading complex analytical requests
- Prioritizing requests through management of team backlog
- Coordinating across multiple engineering teams
- Managing project demands against bold timelines
- Working within and planning against a defined release schedule
- Assisting in data analysis to drive dedicated planning for future development
- Participating in data modeling & system architecture exercises
- Working with 3rd party application teams to settle data transfer processes
- Open collaboration through timely communication is a requirement
- Gathering process requirements through shadowing and documentation
- Providing input and mentorship for team growth and process definition
What You'll Bring (Required Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM or relevant field with 5+ years of professional experience
- Experience with Vertica, MySQL or other database systems
- Strong experience writing Advanced SQL
- JAVA, Scala or Scalding programming experience
- Ability to write Bash, Perl, Python scripts for monitoring, regular maintenance, and automation of tasks
- A strong analytical nature with a focus on performance optimization
- Experience with Hadoop infrastructure
- Strong experience with ETL and Data Warehouse systems
- Hands-on experience in database / systems administration
- Familiarity with systems-automation tools such as puppet or chef
- Ability to communicate effectively with business partners, engineers, and analysts
- Positive attitude and interest in working as part of a team
Here’s all the legal good stuff: We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!