Program Manager, Legal, Product & Privacy
Who We Are:
This role supports both our Product and Privacy Counsel teams. Product Counsel are key advisors to Twitter’s product and engineering teams, and also work closely with policy and business colleagues. Privacy Counsel are subject matter experts in privacy and are key advisors to our attorneys and internal business teams, such as Sales & Marketing and the People team, in all things privacy. All of us are passionate about the law and growing our business in a way that makes us proud.
What You’ll Do:
- You will work closely with many teams across Twitter on projects to support our Privacy and Product legal teams in working effectively and efficiently, including:
- Oversee and maintain our request queue and our team tools and processes.
- Work cross-functionally to evaluate, build, and maintain processes and systems for cross-functional operations related to privacy and product legal review.
- Partner with our team to create and maintain knowledge management systems and team onboarding processes and materials.
- Assist in project managing key cross-functional initiatives driven by our team.
- Partner with the team to maintain internal and external legal resources, including forms, training decks, internal FAQs and checklists, knowledge capture, records repository, and an internal knowledge base.
- Field initial questions from our business teams and escalate to attorneys as necessary.
- Identify trends to create internal policy and workflow improvements to drive efficiencies and collaborate with others to make those improvements a reality.
- Assist with budgeting process, including liaising with finance, outside counsel, legal vendors.
- Help with ad hoc projects as needed.
Who You Are:
You are an enthusiastic, collaborative, self-motivated, curious, and creative teammate as well as an ambassador for the Product and Privacy legal teams. You have strong attention to detail, organizational skills, ability to apply good judgment, a love of knowledge management, systems and process, an eagerness to learn new things, and a growth mindset. You are comfortable handling chaos, thrive in a team environment and are able to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally across many stakeholders.
- At least three years of program/project management experience in legal operations or compliance, preferably with in-house high-growth start-up experience. Product compliance (i.e. privacy) experience/exposure.
- Ability and strong desire to work in a fast-moving environment, build relationships across the business and work effectively together to solve problems.
- A devotion to detail and organization; process-oriented and high comfort level with navigating disparate systems.
- A real great teammate with excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects across functional departments.
- You have excellent judgment and ability to work independently, but escalate issues and seek sign off/guidance appropriately.
- Courage to take initiative, address problems, and make continuous process improvements.
- Willing to work on a broad variety of matters - learning new things is exciting to you, and you are willing to roll-up-your-sleeves and help where needed.
- Ability to scale and grow with an organization.
- B2C and/or B2B adtech experience and interest
- Experience building in JIRA and expertise in Confluence
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!