Network Engineer, Staff
Who We Are
Twitter's Network Engineering team handles a dynamic, constantly growing and evolving global network that provides a reliable, high-performance and secure network behind one of the few products in the world that touches over 1 billion people.
Who You Are
- You are a highly proficient network engineer with hands on experience and in depth skills in all aspects of network engineering. You are a motivated pragmatic thinker, eager to get the job done while finding a balance between pace and quality with:
- Extensive (8+ years) experience in high-demand large-scale production environments
- Deep knowledge of BGP, MPLS, and RSVP configuration and management
- Experience with internal routing protocols such as ISIS and OSPF
- Experience with cloud deployments such as GCP and AWS
- Proficiency with multiple hardware platforms such as Juniper, Arista, and Cisco
- Experience with load balancing, anycast and traffic resiliency solutions
- Experience with packet analysis and flow monitoring tools
- Experience with scripting in Python or equivalent to automate operational tasks
- Working knowledge of network security methodologies
- Understanding of transit relationships and global internet connectivity
- Foundational understanding of CDN, DNS and TLS
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
What You’ll Do
- Have an opportunity to bring a strong perspective that inspires change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems
- Partner with technical leadership to define overall network technology, standards and strategy, including the 12 month roadmap achieved by reaching consensus with peers and customers
- Be a mentor to other team members and lead through example by influencing the use of standards defined by the team and technical leadership
- Identify and drive testing and certification of network hardware, software and features to ensure availability and performance
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco Applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
Be part of what's happening. Follow us for a feed full of company, culture, diversity + hiring. Plus, find out how to #JoinTheFlock so you can #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!