Mobile Engineer - iOS
The mobile teams are responsible for building Twitter for iOS. These teams impact hundreds of millions of users, and face particularly interesting product and technical challenges that come paired with working at that scale. We keep development lightweight and agile, make data driven decisions, and release with high quality and velocity. Come be a part of our team!
Who We Are:
Our team is all about performance. We love using the latest technologies and tools for making our apps as performant, stable, and available as possible. We work at all layers of our applications, from the networking stack and other core infrastructure under the hood to UI changes and product features that are front and center. On the Mobile Performance team you have the opportunity to have significant ownership of and impact on the performance and quality of our mobile applications that hundreds of millions of people love to use.
What You'll Do:
As part of the team you'll be responsible for using your creativity, excellent problem solving and technical skills to enable Twitter for iOS to reach our next billion global users. You will collaborate closely with other highly motivated and wonderful client engineers, backend engineers, data scientists, product managers, and designers. You will use your in-depth knowledge of all things iOS to craft features and infrastructure that
- Improve measured and perceived performance
- Increase the quality of our apps on less performant devices and lower quality networks
- Reach Twitter users around the world
The work you drive will play a key role in Twitter user satisfaction and growth. Existing customers will immediately benefit from this work, and many more new customers worldwide will follow. You will empower people across the globe to connect and communicate.
Who You Are:
You’re an experienced mobile engineer looking to make Twitter's iOS apps the best mobile experiences out there. You're someone who excels at user-centric product development and has a passion for making beautiful, smooth, and delightful mobile experiences. You care deeply about performance, you're experienced with the tools of the trade, you're comfortable digging into the nitty-gritty, and you’re eager to have an impact at a global scale.
Ideally, you have experience with:
- Top-notch programming skills in languages like Java, Swift, or Objective-C
- Platform specific performance measurement and debugging tools
- General networking knowledge with detailed experience in iOS networking stacks
- Implementing new features and optimizing existing ones
- Technical depth that allows you to rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- Working closely across a variety of teams including product management, design, and engineering
- Knowledge of core engineering concepts such as: common data structures, algorithms, profiling, and testing
- 3+ years experience developing previous iOS applications
- 3+ years experience with Java, Swift, Objective-C
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!