Mobile Build Engineer -EE
Who We Are
Join Twitter’s Build team and work on Twitter’s iOS and Android development infrastructure. If you are strongly interested in improving the edit/build/test workflow and proficient with algorithms and data structures as well as Java, Kotlin, Objective C, and Swift, check us out.
This role will continuously improve the efficiency of Twitter’s infrastructure at scale and mobile developers’ productivity via innovation on tooling and methodologies. If you have empathy for developers, passion for engineering productivity, and experience delivering scalable, measurable systems - you will find this role liberating, challenging and most of all fun. We are Twitter’s Engineering Effectiveness organization, and we help Twitter engineers develop world class software by supporting and implementing build systems for complex, polyglot source code, and developing source control systems and continuous integration infrastructure.
What You’ll Do
- Adopt and/or develop best-in-class tooling to make edit-build-test cycle fast for engineers developing Twitter’s mobile app, used by million of users every day.
- Work with the mobile developers in optimizing their module dependencies, improving build speeds and reliability.
- Understand mobile developer workflows and help improve their experience with IDEs and build tools.
- Work with the Continuous Integration team in optimizing the CI experience for mobile developers.
- Work collaboratively in an agile, CI/CD environment.
Who You Are
You will have exposure/experience with most of the following:
- Languages -
- iOS: Swift, Obj-C, XCode, XCUITest
- Android: Java, Kotlin (plus), Groovy
- Development of cloud caching, CI infrastructure, and IDE integrations
- Gradle and XCode
- Algorithms and data structures
- Web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Large, polyglot code bases.
- Agile development methodologies, CI/CD
- Engineering teams implementing build systems for complex source code, developing source control systems and continuous integration infrastructure
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or related field
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.