IT Manager, Singapore
We Enable Twitter to succeed through innovative technology and excellent support.
Who We Are:
The Twitter IT team is looking for an extraordinary Manager to lead and scale our APAC regional IT team while delivering world-class technical support. Our team works cross functionally, consisting of IT Helpdesk, IT Systems & IT Enterprise Apps, and partners with Engineering Operations, Security, and others to coordinate work, handle ticket escalations and resolve issues. We on-board new employees, provision hardware, provide hands-on support, build business solutions,and adhere to security standards for all Twitter employees. Ultimately we are responsible for supporting Twitter employees around the world, in over 35 offices in 19 different countries.
What You’ll Do:
You will be a hands on technical leader, working with the team and assisting our employees via in person walkup, support tickets, email and chat. You will oversee day-to-day IT support operations for the region, working closely with Help Desk staff to: build and maintain IT support documentation and tools, coordinate schedules, administer IT queues, lead IT initiatives and act as final escalation for critical issues. You will also manage the relationship and delivery of our 3rd party partners for Audio Visuals and Inventory management. You will represent all functional groups within the IT organization; including Help desk, IT Systems, and IT Enterprise Apps and assist with employee escalations and support requests within region.
Who You Are:
You understand office culture and the importance of maintaining strong relationships with global customers, business partners and IT team members. You have an excellent background in Mac software and hardware troubleshooting and are passionate about providing the best customer service experience possible while mentoring others and driving best practices within the team.
Responsibilities include the following:
● Provide timely resolution of problems and act as final escalation point for team and customers to management
● Work cross-functionally and advocate for the team across all functional groups and organization levels
● Act as a point of contact within region for all functional groups within the IT organization; including Help desk, IT Systems, and IT Enterprise Apps
● Manage and report on allocation of IT budget
● Assist with inventory budgeting, purchasing, approval and management to support operations
● Build and manage relationships and costs for vendors, subcontractors and 3rd party providers
● Independently own and drive multiple IT projects and deliverables for the team
● Develop and implement IT policy and best practice guides for the organization
● Participate in evaluating, driving, and developing team members
● Work with management to set team goals, lead staff to achieve results and be accountable for team performance
● Design training programs and workshops for staff
● Manage staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees, fostering a safe and secure work environment and developing personal growth opportunities
● Maintain organization effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies
● Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
● Contribute to team effort by performing operational tasks and accomplishing related results as needed
● Troubleshoot hardware and applications, provide technical support and problem solving
● Support security standards (antivirus, firewall, patching, two-factor authentication, access)
● Maintain user accounts, passwords, data integrity, system access & security within policy
● Conduct regular system audits
Who You Are:
● You are a proven leader who is hardworking, learns quickly and thrives in a fast paced environment
● You have several years experience in IT Support including supervising or mentoring junior staff across multiple locations
● You have exceptional Mac troubleshooting skills
● You are awesome at providing technical support and love solving problems
● You are always learning and strive to maintain domain expertise in most IT supported systems
● You excel at identifying and resolving systemic issues within the team and across the organization
● You understand the importance of asset inventory and how to maintain an organized help desk
● You love standards and understand that consistency and an adherence to methodologies helps any organization scale
● 5+ years experience in IT Operations or IT Support in a professional environment
● 2+ years mentorship, supervisory or management experience
● Experience leading support ticket management and tracking
● Strong customer service, problem solving and teamwork abilities
● Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
● Experience communicating with vendors to manage expectations and relationships
● Extensive technical knowledge of Mac OS 10.12.x, 10.13.x, 10.14.x, iOS and Android
● Basic knowledge of Windows 10
● Strong network fundamentals and support experience (network configs, VPN, printing, etc)
● Knowledge of desktop security tools and best practices
● Experience supporting Shoretel or other VOIP systems
● Expert in GSuite support and administration (Gmail, GCal, Groups, GDocs)
● Strong Video Conference and presentation support skills, preferably with Google Meet and Bluejeans
● Ability to participate in an on-call rotation that includes after hours and weekend support
● Some regional travel may be required to support remote staff
● Mac, Linux, MCSE or network certifications
● LDAP and Active Directory experience
● Google Super Admin Experience
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!