iOS Engineer - Notifications Client (NYC or Remote)
Who We Are
The Notifications client team owns the experiences for all platform-specific notifications for Android and iOS at Twitter. We are part of the larger Notifications team which is one of the largest drivers of growth for the entire company. Our team, and the changes we make, help our worldwide audience reconnect to people and conversations that let them see all sides of a situation, and contribute back in whatever way is most comfortable.
We collaborate with other specialists, product managers, and designers to build tools that users can rely on to find out what’s happening in the world, in real time. As an iOS engineer you will work with a bevy of backend engineering teams to build components that allow for experimentation to deliver the best experience possible to all of our users. Through the decisions you make, and the code you craft, all Twitter users will be more conscious about their thoughts and feelings, as well as the world around them.
Why We’re Different
- We believe in being data driven to build the best products for millions of humans around the world through experimentation.
- We work on a weekly cadence to quickly iterate on changes to measure and learn what impact we’re having on our users.
- Our code runs on millions of devices; we know the values of stable, performant code.
- Tons of learning opportunities provided by Twitter University ranging from interview training to introduction to machine learning.
- We seriously value people’s personal time, and respect working hours across time zones and understand that you have a life outside of Twitter.
What You'll Do
- Use in-depth knowledge of the iOS platform and notifications to create compelling features that respect users privacy while connecting them to incredible content.
- Propose, build, and launch features that affect everyone that uses Twitter.
- Be in the driver seat for growth at Twitter.
- Become a leader in defining standard methodologies for the Twitter iOS codebase that allow others to learn by example.
- Actively participate in the processes surrounding our team, and the product decisions therein. Helping decide what to build using data and platform experience will be just as important as writing code.
Who You Are
- You are the advocate for the customer, and understand the balance required when shipping software at scale.
- You are collaborative. We work across time-zones and continents to ensure we have all of the information to make the best choices for our customers.
- You want to impact millions of people a day using your detailed iOS knowledge.
- You love working in a smaller group, and thrive at pushing things forward.
- You are a proven team leader that wants to bring others up to their level and push the entire product forward.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!