Human Resources Manager, Japan & Korea
Who We Are
Twitter...the best place you have ever worked. Ever. As a company, we strive to make a difference in the world, do the best work, and have fun while doing it. If that sounds like your kind of company, keep reading.
We currently have an opening for a Human Resource Manager in our Tokyo office. You will lead the talent strategy implementation for several teams within Twitter (Japan and Korea). This will require you to think strategically about complex people topics that need savvy approaches and roll-up your sleeves to get the work done well. You’ll partner closely across HR team members to understand what already exists for you to use and what you can create based on local needs.
Success in this role looks like this: You will develop, iterate and execute the people strategy with your client groups - one which is connected to the company, business and HR team objectives. In partnership with the broader HR & Recruiting team, you will identify needs and use existing resources in creative ways. You will be instinctive enough to jump on critical business issues & opportunities when you see them, fearless enough to get operational items resolved, and savvy enough to work with all levels in a matrixed environment. You will build strong, respectful relationships and overcome obstacles with fortitude. You will influence the right outcomes for the business grounded in data, helping to elevate Twitter’s employment brand and distinct culture.
What You’ll Do
Overall, you will play a key role in helping to shape and drive the talent agenda supporting business goals in Japan and Korea. Specifically, you will work closely with local leaders and teams to deliver on local initiatives aligned to Functional people strategies.
• Work closely with the Functional HR Business Partners to understand and create local people strategies aligned to the Functional teams OKRs;
• Responsible for cultivating relationships with local and global CoEs to deliver quality results in the local market related to programs & process improvements focusing on employee/team needs;
• Execution of all things related to Performance Management, including coaching through expectation setting conversations and delivery of a Performance Improvement Plan;
• Manage local cyclical processes including feedback, promotions, rating review, internal transfers (both local or international), and offer approvals;
• Continue to help build a consistent and fair culture amongst the teams, understanding the vision for the region and implementing ways to enhance the shared purpose and sense of community #LoveWhereYouWork;
• SME on local and regional employment laws, tax implications, changes in legislation, consultation periods, leave of absence, compensation and benefits;
• Continue to build Twitter employment brand in region, supporting recruitment strategies and identifying talent;
• Driving executional excellence and change management to broad-based initiatives including talent reviews, inclusion and diversity, workforce planning, talent analytics, and overall process improvements in service to a positive employee experience;
• Analyzing people data and trends to make local recommendations to enhance the employee experience;
• Employing operational discipline partnering with People Services and Total Rewards to ensure accuracy in organizational hierarchy, pay, titling, and leveling.
• Up to 30% Regional travel may be necessary.
Who You Are
• You know your stuff – you are an experienced HR professional who can drive talent programs, handle people dynamics and advise on HR policies; but more importantly, you know when to pull in the perspectives of the broader team
• You love business, especially technology, and are interested in how businesses drive revenue, navigate challenges and the role talent plays in keeping a competitive edge
• Keeping the status quo is your worst nightmare; you are motivated by complexity and challenges
• You are a high energy person and like fast paced, dynamic environments that evolve before they have to
• You are high-reaching and like to win - together. You thrive off of working with smart, creative people that challenge you to perform at a higher level
• You are comfortable working in ambiguous environments and can make sound decisions in complex situations
• You have a high learning agility and understand people dynamics, new business models and talent processes
If this sounds like it might be you, you probably have:
• Experience partnering with Technology Teams
• Experience working in a faced paced, high growth, dynamic business environment; tech industry experience highly desired
• Consulting background preferred, particularly experience in the areas of HR program delivery and creation
• Experience partnering with a global HR team
• Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills; demonstrated ability to develop relationships and influence at all levels within the organization
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
• 3+ years as an HR Manager, 8+ years of accumulative HR experience
• BA/BS or equivalent
• Understanding and familiarity with local labor laws
• Bi-lingual in English & Japanese
• Regional Experience in Japan & Korea, preferred
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!