Director, International Business Development
Twitter is seeking an experienced Business Development leader for our Global Growth team. If you are a seasoned people manager who has led high-functioning international teams while still being responsible for negotiating and leading strategic partnerships that significantly help scale user growth, let's talk. This team is focused on deals that increase Twitter’s global footprint and overall user engagement. This position is ideally based in San Francisco, CA.
- Lead and develop a team of seasoned, successful business development professionals around the globe
- Develop and execute the overall strategy for international partnerships, with an emphasis on Twitter’s core markets
- Refine and communicate a framework (OKRs/KPIs) for tracking the impact or your team’s efforts that is measurable and contributes to executive, team and regional goals
- Find creative ways to “bring more to the table” with key deals by broadening the overall value exchange and/or crafting shared growth/iteration paths
- Play a key role in templatizing successful regional partnership playbooks so that they can be replicated & customized in other similar markets
- Help each regional team (e.g., APAC, EMEA, LATAM) prioritize, negotiate, close, launch and improve partnerships that impact Twitter’s key growth metrics
- Directly own negotiation of our most multi-faceted, complex global growth deals
- Serve as a primary liaison between global BD and product leadership, contributing to product strategy and securing key features/resources necessary for our deal portfolio
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders including product, sales, marketing, corporate development and legal
- Become a key internal authority on our key markets around the world
- You have 10+ years of Business Development experience, with 5+ at a global consumer internet company or a global carrier, focused on user growth initiatives
- You possess a strong command of distribution partnerships (including with carriers & OEMs)
- You demonstrate a working knowledge of and experience with media/content businesses, particularly video and print/journalism
- You are an uncommon strategic thinker who can form and evolve mental models quickly, and then translate those models into actionable plans
- You have a deep understanding of the product development process and an ability to build shared plans and hit shared outcomes working on or closely with technical teams
- Ability to understand and communicate how technical and business details connect to business outcomes and strategy
- Creative thinking with past success turning ideas into iteration paths and ultimately scalable programs
- Proven success negotiating complex deals in a way that sets up a successful launch
- Willingness to travel often internationally and demonstrated understanding of working in/with different cultures
- Experience managing a globally distributed team and proven success building a shared vision and culture of cohesion
- Strong interpersonal skills with a history of inspirational leadership
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills; ability to speak fluently to executives and a range of business and technical functions
- Clear understanding of Twitter consumer products and monetization strategies
- Network of executive contacts in core global markets a plus
- A BS/BS degree required, MBA preferred
“We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.”
“San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.”
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!