Who We Are
Twitter reflects what’s happening in the world and what people are talking about. Whether a brand is launching a product, promoting its brand story, or jumping into discussions about what matters most, Twitter is the best way to connect with the most valuable audience, when they’re the most receptive.
The Twitter Brand Strategy Team is a global team of marketers, creatives, innovators, and producers. We are endlessly curious, passionate collaborators that care deeply about bringing both fresh solutions and measurable results to our clients. We are embedded and indispensable partners to the sales org and use our deep knowledge of marketing, digital advertising (including mastery of Twitter), and brand-knowledge to influence and deliver outstanding creative and strategic solutions.
Partnering with the top brands in the world, we build ideas that are audience-led, insights-driven, measurable, on-brand, and ultimately lead to a memorable and seamless experience for the end-user. The team is tasked with both “thinking big” and “thinking pragmatically” on behalf of advertisers.
We care about the user experience and design creative solutions that will be useful and delightful for them while also delivering against brands’ objectives/KPIs. We aren’t here for fluff creative or to win awards (although we certainly do!), we are here to generate compelling creative ideas and consultation, rooted in a strategic understanding of brands and Twitter.
What You’ll Do
The Brand Planner/Brand Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to work with Strategists to support the creative process from analysis of a creative/media brief to the delivery of a client-facing output. As a promising “storyteller,” Brand Planners/Brand Coordinators uncover data-driven insights, set strategies and ideas in motion, and craft narratives that position creative solutions in a compelling way. This role provides an exciting opportunity to work closely with other highly motivated sales and marketing professionals in an extremely fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
The ideal candidate is a creative doer, seeks a challenging work environment, works well in groups, is self motivated, and seeks feedback to improve and grow.
- Assist brand strategy team members with client asks and deliverables: partners with brand strategists to help craft Keynote one sheets and decks, including product and concept mocks, data and insights pulls, and template creation.
- Receive vision and direction from Strategists and Client Partners for creative proposals and translate it into client-facing deliverables, including outlining concepts, creating illustrative mockups and building client-facing presentations.
- Leverage available tools to compile relevant data that can be used to unlock insights and support creative ideas: With training, quickly ramp up and demonstrate mastery of 1st and 3rd party tools to surface data about brands, target demographics and conversations on Twitter.
- Design sensibility: Apply existing Twitter design templates (Keynote) to rough idea outlines, with an eye towards producing co-branded presentations that satisfy both Twitter brand guidelines and show an understanding of the end-audience's aesthetic/brand.
- Keep a pulse on clients’ businesses by staying current on industry news and account updates, analyzing brand content, and contributing to content audits and campaign recaps.
- Contribute to campaign performance analysis and compile data to help guide strategist and Client Account Manager recommendations.
- Maintain an understanding of accounts' approach to content strategy and voice on Twitter in order to brainstorm suitable creative concepts for the brand and express tonally sound ideas in written and verbal form.
- Follow internal processes including partnering with Production teammates to properly vet and refine custom solutions.
- Manage multiple, simultaneous projects without breaking a sweat. Work cross-organizationally and deliver work within anticipated time frames.
Who You Are
We’re looking for a Brand Planner/Brand Coordinator that possess strong creative skills (both writing / visual) and an exceptional ability to work in a team environment. The ideal candidate is a doer, a creative thinker and can light up a room with their collaborative energy and drive to do what’s best - for our team, clients and the business.
Signs you could be successful in this role:
- Passion for understanding audiences. You consider yourself part anthropologist, sociologist, data scientist, and investigator, hyper-driven to uncover what makes audiences tick.
- Insights Driven. You’re never done asking ‘why’ and are relentless in the pursuit of simple human truths that ground and influence every part of a strategic solution or idea.
- Focus on Impact. You thrive in finding ways to think big and work smartly. You’re both creative and pragmatic. You don’t have to be asked twice. In fact, you love to over-deliver.
- BA/BS degree
- 1-2 years experience in sales, marketing, sales development, or a related sales support function (can include internships)
- Experience building custom presentations
- Quantitative confidence to run data pulls and strategic ability to message effectively within proposals
- Strong design/formatting aesthetic
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, projects and ever-changing priorities
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, and consistency including adherence to Twitter and client brand standards
- Team player, with the ability to build internal networks to accomplish goals through collaboration across multiple teams
- Comfortable with presenting internally and over time to clients and agencies, in both small or large groups
- Proficient computer skills (Keynote, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Word, Excel) - preference for more advanced KeyNote & Photoshop skills
“We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!