Visualization & Data Engineer, Tableau
Twitter is a growing organization that faces new challenges as it evolves. The IT Enterprise Applications Team focuses on the building blocks of applications and tools that improve the productivity of employees across the company.
Who We Are
At Twitter, our IT Business Intelligence team focuses on implementing and supporting applications to help our internal customers meet their operational and reporting needs. We are responsible for establishing processes for continual improvement, guiding administration, and partnering with multiple stakeholders on a project-to-project basis to help them through their reporting and visualization needs. Our mission is to keep our business running effectively while delivering the data required to assist in analytical insights.
Who You Are
To continually strengthen our growing team, we are looking for an experienced visualization and data engineer with a deep background in Tableau visualization and report development, as well as Google Analytics. You will partner with business and engineering teams to prioritize requests and consistently deliver excellent results against time-sensitive priorities. You have practiced interpersonal communication skills, possess a broad range of data related experience, are team-oriented, and you thrive in a fast paced environment.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Absorbing and managing complex analytical requests
- Prioritizing requests through management of team backlog
- Coordinating across multiple engineering teams
- Assisting in data analysis to drive proactive planning for future development
- Participating in data modeling & visualization exercises
- Build solution driven views and dashboards in Tableau to support the IT Enterprise Applications team
- Conduct training for Tableau and hold office hours for internal Tableau users to help them with advanced questions / scenarios
- Support and utilize all Tableau tools including Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, and Tableau Prep
- Serve as the secondary on-call for the internal Tableau Server deployment, which will involve server maintenance tasks and ad-hoc user requests
- Help Business Analysts build dashboards using techniques for advanced analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices to convey the story within the data
- Open collaboration through timely communication is a must!
- Providing input and guidance for team growth and process definition
- Help teams who own sites tracked in Google Analytics to understand and make sense of their GA data to drive business outcomes
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field with 3+ years of professional experience OR Master’s Degree with 2+ years of professional experience
- Strong experience in analytics in a fast-paced, big-data environment
- Strong experience with Tableau versions 2018.1 and above
- Hands-on experience with creating solution driven, compelling and well-organized views and dashboards in Tableau
- Experienced in Tableau best practices for dashboard development and data source management (e.g. certified data sources, creating template workbooks, optimizing workbook performance)
- Experience with troubleshooting and performance tuning of Tableau workbooks
- Working knowledge of statistical methods and mathematical models
- Ability to communicate effectively with business partners, engineers, and analysts
- Tableau Server Administration experience (e.g. server setup and maintenance; supporting high availability clusters, server migrations, etc.)
- Experience with MySQL, Vertica, and/or other database systems (MySQL highly preferred)
- Advanced experience with Google Analytics’ data model
- Ability to write Bash, Python scripts for monitoring
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!