Sr. Staff Technical Program Manager
Twitter, Inc. (NYSE: TWTR) is the best and fastest place to see what's happening and what people are talking about all around the world. From breaking news and entertainment to sports and politics, from big events to everyday interests. If it's happening anywhere, it's happening first on Twitter. Twitter is where the full story unfolds with all the live commentary and where live events come to life unlike anywhere else. Twitter is available in more than 40 languages around the world. The service can be accessed at Twitter.com and on a variety of mobile devices. For more information, visit about.twitter.com.
- Founded in 2006
- Headquarters in San Francisco, CA
- Revenue in 2017: $2.4B
- 326M Monthly Active Users (MAU)
- 70% of users are international
- 3800 employees globally
Twitter seeks a Senior Staff Technical Program Manager. Technical Program Management at Twitter is the nervous system that allows Twitter Engineering to thrive and scale as it works with other organizations in the business. As the Sr. Staff TPM, you will be responsible for helping uplevel the capability of the TPM organization and Twitter as a whole. You will be responsible for working on some of Twitter’s largest initiatives, ranging from feature development, developing revenue tools, or aiding in infrastructural overhauls. Cross-functional collaboration and partnership is vital to the success of your work and overall success of Twitter. You’ll be partnering directly with executive leadership and other levels of the organization to strive for clarity in large-scale programs and ultimately drive them to completion. As a Senior Staff Technical Program Manager, you will be part of leadership in the TPM function as a high-powered individual contributor.
Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree - ideally in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline.
You might be the ideal candidate if:
- You have 10+ years of industry leading TPM experience.
- You have a demonstrated track record of shipping products with broad customer impact
- You are an adept influencer: you work well with senior-level members of an organization, building consensus with stakeholders while dealing with ambiguity.
- You have solid understanding of engineering and technical depth that lets you understand and earn the respect of world-class engineers.
- You are a trusted manager of large-scale programs and processes that directly affect the integrity of a business.
- You have the ability to create functional specs, project / release plans, and roadmaps.
- You have experience with agile software development methodologies and productivity tools.
- You are both strategic in planning but can also be hands-on when necessary.
- You facilitate thoughtful and constructive conversations between members of your team, as well as with other members of leadership.
- You are comfortable working with teammates at any level of the organization, from executive-level to intern.
- You are accountable and communicative when it comes to meeting deadlines and ship dates.
- You have strong relationship building and team development skills.
- You are able to lead on the substantive issues and help drive a holistic, workable processes.
- You are able to lead numerous projects simultaneously under pressure and time constraints.
- You have exceptional communication and writing skills.
- You are patient, determined, flexible, and open-minded.
- You have unimpeachable ethics and excellent judgment.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!