Sr. Director Global Inclusion & Diversity
Twitter is a global platform for public self-expression and conversation in real time. By developing a fundamentally new way for people to consume, create, distribute and discover content, Twitter enables any voice to be amplified around the world instantly.
Who We Are
People come to Twitter to freely express themselves, and we’ve seen this through individual Tweets and collective movements like #BlackLivesMatter, #ILookLikeAnEngineer, and #LoveWins. Just as inclusion lives on our platform, we’re striving to ensure Twitter is reflective of our users, and that our workplace and the decisions we make about it are equally inclusive. We want our different perspectives to flourish — they make us stronger and help make product decisions that will best serve our users around the world.
We are seeking a Sr. Director of Global Inclusion & Diversity to work out of our San Francisco.
- Founded in 2006
- Headquarters in San Francisco, CA
- Revenue in 2017: $2.4B
- 326M Monthly Active Users (MAU)
- 70% of users are international
- 3800 employees globally
What You’ll Do
The Sr. Director of Global I&D will lead the advancement of our I&D metrics through the development of innovative strategies and plans in deep collaboration with many at Twitter, including our Executive staff and People team. This leader is expected to have a direct impact on the people and culture of Twitter.
Strategy & Direction: Stay on top of trends, best practices and inclusion-related matters. Develop short- and long-term plans for improving I&D goals and crafting innovative solutions. Be a team-player and trusted advisor to Twitter Leadership, Business Resource Groups, and the broader organization.
Delivery & Execution: Execute against opportunities and strategies. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive accountability for internal I&D goals, build upon publicly-stated goals, and determine how we communicate our commitment to inclusion.
Leadership: Inspire our employees to be the change. Recruit and mentor world-class team members, creating a “high performance” culture.
Communications: Function as spokesperson for our internal I&D commitment, goals and results. Represent Twitter at industry gatherings, speaking engagements, and recruiting events.
In terms of how you’ll do it, when it’s all said and done, you will have demonstrated leadership, fortitude, creativity, influence, people instincts, and the ability to be both strategic and operational.
- 10+ years of demonstrated career progression and strong performance as a leader, ideally in an Inclusion & Diversity or Human Resources senior leadership role
- Industry Experience (Tech/Internet)
- Experience with global/multicultural diversity, cross-cultural competencies
- Understanding of the legal framework pertaining to equal employment opportunity, particularly in the U.S.
- Exposure to and understanding of other key business areas where I&D will influence and/or drive strategy or desired outcomes
- Demonstrated success in developing cutting edge global strategy and driving process improvements in a global workplace
- In-depth knowledge of diversity best practices, concepts and programs, particularly relating to the technology and sales industries
- Deep experience with the dynamics and challenges of complex organizational change
- End-to-end employee lifecycle and corporate culture influencing experience
- Ability to travel as required (projected about 20-30%), some of which will be international in scope
- Ability to formulate, align and execute strategic and operational goals in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters Degree preferred
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!