Software Engineer - Data and Enterprise Solutions
Who We Are
Our mission is to make this ever-expanding universe of social media data available via a consistent and reliable architecture so the world can realize the full potential of this amazing stream of information. If you're interested in building products that customers use daily to make key business decisions, resolve their own customers’ concerns, and drive groundbreaking research, read on.
Our software collects, processes, enriches and delivers hundreds of billions of activities a day through a wide variety of social media APIs. Our products are highly available, scalable, optimized, respectful of Twitter's user base, and truly essential for our customers who build their businesses on Twitter data. We work closely with our product managers and customers to make sure we build the right products at the right time.
DES products include:
Real time streaming access to Twitter data
Historical and sync access to archived Twitter data
Enrichments on Twitter objects derived from the latest machine learning technologies
Flexible access to aggregate data
End to end developer experience
What You’ll Do
If this sounds like a team you want to be a part of, great! We are looking for an engineer who loves writing code, has a strong desire to learn new technologies, and wants to collaborate with teammates who are committed to serving their customers. More specifically, you will
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and engineers across the company
- Craft elegant solutions to solve problems and fix bugs
- Help drive the direction of our growing architecture
Who You Are
- You're smart and you love to build systems with purpose that are well tested and flexible.
- You wish to tackle hard product and engineering challenges while working alongside smart people.
- You're excited to ramp up on new technologies to build awesome things with us!
- You have a disciplined approach to writing unit and integration tests
- You have an ability to take on complex problems, learn quickly, and persist towards a good solution
- You want to help architect APIs that work with tremendous scale and make it easy for customers to generate insights about their business.
- You have experience working with big data processing (Hadoop, Storm, Scalding, Kafka etc) and NoSQL databases.
- MS or BS in Computer Science
- 3+ years of industry or equivalent programming experience
- Understanding of core CS concepts, such as, common data structures and algorithms
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!