#Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability Engineering (Revenue)
Who we are:
Twitter’s revenue organization operates services at massive scale. We are looking for engineers who want to build beautiful, simple tools and services to help their colleagues safely release code into production. We serve a diverse and growing set of customers who rely on you and your team to reliably and quickly develop features. You will be responsible for helping colleagues to run the largest production services at Twitter and support almost $3 billion in yearly advertising revenue.
What you’ll do:
- Design scalable solutions that enable simple and elegant management of complex distributed systems
- Craft tools, processes and frameworks to guide colleagues through safely releasing production code
- Guide and support colleagues who are monitoring distributed systems
- Implement software in a reliable and sustainable manner
- Support and maintain your software to ensure a high quality customer experience
- Collaborate with, learn from, and mentor teammates
Who you are:
- Demonstrated ability to write modular and well tested code
- Network and operating systems knowledge: you know the layers below the service
- Track record of crafting and debugging distributed systems in production
- BS in Computer Science or comparable experience
- Fluency in Java/Scala, C++, Golang, or similar
- Ideally you can provide a link to your portfolio of websites, personal projects, GitHub repo, or technology blog
- You use and love Twitter
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.