Senior Software Engineer - Data and Enterprise Solutions (Boulder, CO)
As engineers building Twitter's Data Products, we believe the thoughts, discussions, and debates expressed in public social conversation have unlimited value and near limitless application. Our mission is to make this ever-expanding universe of social media data available via a consistent and reliable architecture so the world can realize the full potential of this amazing stream of information. If you're excited about building products that customers use daily to make key business decisions, resolve their own customers’ concerns, and drive groundbreaking research, read on.
Our software collects, processes, enriches and delivers hundreds of millions of activities a day through a wide variety of social media APIs. Our products are highly available, scalable, optimized, respectful of Twitter's user base, and truly essential for our customers who build their businesses on Twitter data. We work closely with our product managers and customers to make sure we build the right products at the right time.
We're looking for truly talented engineers with a passion for clean code and great products. Our team is fast, smart and independent -- located in both Boulder, CO and San Francisco, CA.
Just a few of the things that set us apart:
- We love feedback. You’ll be able to connect directly with customers who are using what you’re building and use their input to make the product better.
- We ship. Your code will most likely be in production multiple times a month.
- We give back. We encourage open source contributions and community participation.
- We're pragmatic. We build software which requires a broad palette of language experience, framework understanding, and software environments. Our engineers pick the right tool for the right job.
- We practice shared code ownership. We believe you can lead projects without working in a silo.
- We’re committed. We ship high quality code that our customers rely on, and support it via an on-call rotation.
- We value diverse backgrounds. Whether you have a CS degree from a top school or you're a self starter with an appetite for learning, if you love shipping software you'll love working with us!
Our Data Products include:
- Realtime streaming access to Twitter data
- Historical and async access to archived Twitter data
- Enrichments on Twitter objects derived from the latest machine learning technologies
- Flexible access to aggregate data
If this sounds like a team you want to be a part of, great! We are looking for an engineer who loves writing code, has a strong desire to learn new technologies, and wants to collaborate with teammates who are committed to serving their customers.
- 6+ years of experience.
- You're smart, you love to ship code, and you never tire of learning.
- You’re a software developer with experience building systems that scale.
- You build systems with purpose that are well tested and flexible.
- You wish to surround yourself with smart people who will challenge you every day.
- You're proficient in an object oriented programming language
- You want to help architect APIs that work with tremendous scale and make it easy for customers to generate insights about their business.
- You're excited to ramp up on new technologies to build awesome things with us!
In addition, it would be a bonus if:
- You are proficient in one or more JVM languages.
- You have experience processing very large datasets (Hadoop, Storm, Pig, Scalding etc).
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
In accordance with U.S. immigration law, we will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!