Senior Manager, Corporate Security - Japan & Korea (Tokyo)
Corporate Security (CorpSec) enables growth by protecting Tweeps and company assets globally. CorpSec facilitates informed decision making by identifying, monitoring, and mitigating risk.
The role of the Senior Manager, Corporate Security - Japan & Korea is to lead on all aspects of corporate security’s roles and responsibilities including overseeing a safe and secure working environment at our Japanese and Korean Offices. This candidate will have the ability to focus on ensuring the delivery of industry best practices within a dynamic working environment.
Reporting to the APAC Snr. Regional Corporate Security Manager the Snr. Manager for Japan and Korea will deliver timely and robust security advice and support to all employees in their business activities, while travelling and at events. The ideal candidate will have exceptional experience in Corporate Security and Safety and possess the strategic ability to develop stakeholder relationships, identify threats and mitigate risks along with aligning local security procedures and processes with CorpSec regional and global practices.
- Manage all security requirements and CorpSec teams within Japan and Korea, overseeing best practice under the direction of the Senior Regional Security Manager for APAC
- Implement innovative security solutions in line with key objectives, team goals and staffing
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to identify and evaluate challenges that carry potential risk to the staff and the business
- Develop and maintain key partnerships and contacts within professional security networks and local law enforcement
- Maintain clear lines of communication within the CorpSec team providing timely and concise reports on all matters ensuring that all agreed methods for incident escalation are followed
- Assist in the delivery of risk and crisis management solutions in line with regional and global standards and protocols
- Communicate clearly and in a timely fashion all relevant information to the APAC Senior Regional Corporate Security Manager
- Audit and assess local operational requirements with a focus on Twitter sites, business activities, incident response, travel management, event management, visitor management/procedures, physical security systems and vendor support
- Manage vendor relationships, performance reviews and service provision; act as point of contact for Security, Environmental Health & Safety and other CorpSec vendors; leverage relationships where required
- Ensure team performance indicators, metrics and budgets are collated in an effective manner
- Oversee security operations including Physical Security ensuring robust standards, policies, procedures and training are implemented and maintained
- Manage and drive the local Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) program in collaboration with EHS Lead in EMEA
- Manage and organize the Japan and Korea CorpSec teams weekly activities and meetings, overseeing all operational needs and receiving key project, incident and analysis updates
- Lead people development within the local CorpSec team, ensuring that potential is developed to fill key positions and succession routes are roadmapped
- Lead in all aspects of end-to-end security support for Twitter events including site assessments, liaison with external stakeholders, physical security planning, vendor selection and security supervision
- Monitor regional geopolitical alerts for impact to Twitter business or employees and support the Regional Operations Center (ROC) operators and regional analyst to ensure that these alerts are triaged, assessed, escalated and appropriately responded to
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a related field, master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years experience in a leadership role within a corporate security discipline, state or federal government law enforcement or military, Non-governmental organization (NGO)
- Exceptional strategic awareness, communication skills and customer service
- Ability to write clearly and concisely in both technical and non-technical styles
- Knowledge and experience in emergency/crisis & disaster management, physical security, risk management and business continuity
- Regional expertise; Japanese speaker preferred
- Willingness and ability to travel at short notice on behalf of Twitter CorpSec
- Knowledge of security technologies including CCTV, Access Control System and analytical software
- Solution focused, proactive problem solver
- Experience in vendor management with ability to identify professional strategic partners within a defined budget
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!