Prototype Developer - Contractor
Who We Are
The Brand Strategy Lab are focused on creating ambitious, innovative experiences and activations for the world’s top brands and their agencies.
Our mission is to partner with advertisers to push the creative possibilities of the Twitter platform and technologies. We strive to create work so good our users and brands will proactively want to talk about it.
We are looking for a developer to join the Lab to help us build physical experiences that merge physical and digital mediums to bring to life the most compelling physical manifestation of Twitter.
What You’ll Do
- You will lead the technical design, development and implementation of physical + digital applications to create interactive environments and objects using physical computing platforms.
- You’ll bring your experience and unique perspective as a user experience-focused technologist to the brainstorm to help shape ideas.
- You'll collaborate closely with a cross-functional teams within Brand Strategy, including designers, strategists, producers, and other technologists.
Who you are
- You’re a highly driven creative thinker who has a history of uniting creativity with technical expertise and full stack development experience to consistently deliver innovative digital programs.
- A track record of record of conceiving, prototyping and delivering interactive experiences that leverage emerging technologies. (e.g. beacons, large interactive displays, wearable devices)
- Results oriented. You’re a prototyper who understands the value of rapidly creating experiences and then iterating based on feedback.
- You have a passion for emerging technologies, current with industry trends and their application.
- A great collaborator with cross-functional teams. You’ll be partnering with our designers and creative technologists, among others.
- Resourceful. You seek out connections and collaborations with other teams to allow you to drive your projects forward.
- Define pragmatic architectures and solutions for creative physical Twitter experiences.
- Develop prototypes of physical experiences using client side and server side web technologies, Twitter APIs, and internet enabled devices.
- Provide accurate work-time estimates for developing prototypes
- Investigate and navigate internal data sources to surface reporting and insights, subsequently informing prototype prioritization and results
- Produce and maintain core project artifacts including technical documentation
- Define and document best practices, and contribute to company knowledge-sharing efforts
- Experience with physical computing platforms (e.g. Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Google AIY kits, etc.) and rapid prototyping tools (3D printing, laser cutting, soldering, circuit design, etc.)
- Experience working with at least one relevant back end technology (Java, Python, Scala)
- Proven record of delivering stable MVPs that enable fast learning and iteration
- Passion for web and emerging technology and software development, current with industry trends and their application
- Experience in working with APIs and webhooks and a strong understanding of their implementation
- Experience working with Twitter’s APIs
- Experience developing using some of the following languages: Python, Java, Scala, Scalding, Swift/Objective-C/C++/C
- Strong grasp of architectural principles necessary for designing stable and scalable prototypes
- Knowledge about Twitter platform, functionality and ad products
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco Applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.