Project Manager, Site Policy - Trust & Safety
Do you love helping teams be the best that they can be? Do you have a passion for turning ideas into projects with clear and measurable outcomes? Do you enjoy quickly and accurately assess the impact of a new product or policy, ensuring that critical path and risks are identified and clearly tracked? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
Who We Are:
The teams in Twitter’s Trust & Safety department are on the front lines of safety, expression, and policy issues that affect the Internet. Site Policy encompasses team members that work on safety, cybercrime, and identity policy areas and the team works to ensure user trust, protect user rights, and mitigate legal risk through policy definition, Terms of Service enforcement, and safety advocacy. We innovate, experiment, and move quickly. We’re a learning organization with a growth mindset, and we’re always looking for ways to improve our policies, processes, and ourselves.
We are seeking an experienced, motivated teammate to join our team as a Project Manager. You will report directly to the head of Site Policy and will work across three sub teams to scope out and track projects. You can think of yourself as the person on the team who is always making sure the trains are running on track! This job will require some travel to our Singapore and Dublin offices. Note that this role may have limited exposure to sensitive content.
What You’ll Do:
The Project Manager will be an internal facing role who is responsible for:
- Quarterly strategic planning and ensuring the team is performing against organization goals and company OKRs
- Prioritizing needs across Site Policy and with other teams within Twitter
- Defining project scope, project plans, goals, and deliverables for all Site Policy projects; Defining tasks and allocating resources for all Site Policy projects
- Working with the team on balancing multiple priorities, unexpected projects that come up, and overall time management
- Keeping Site Policy management up-to-speed on progress against project deadlines, potential blockers, and other key developments
- Implementing and handling change when necessary to meet project outputs
- Evaluating and assessing the result/impact of projects; performing data collection/analytics and helping to tell the story of our team’s impact; conducting retros for projects
- Drive and strategically represent Site Policy priorities across various cross-functional projects including biannual contributions to Twitter’s Transparency Report
- Improve our internal documentation across all team functions (e.g., policies, workflows, tooling, escalations, etc.) through creation of standards/templates and implementing processes for keeping documentation up-to-date
- Lead cross functional process improvement projects that relate to improving effectiveness and efficiency of the team
- Holding the team accountable for all assigned tasks / projects
Who you are:
- You have a management consulting background (or equivalent)
- You are highly organized and are passionate about planning and process
- You love efficiency and always are looking for ways to make things more productive and sustainable
- You have an eye for detail and consistency and are an excellent communicator (both written and oral)
- You have the power to influence peers / managers and build consensus while dealing with ambiguity
- You design your projects to be measurable and focused on impact. When projects are completed, you are able to communicate their story to external stakeholders
- You love working with diverse backgrounds and solving complex problems that have significant real-world impact; You have experience managing cross border projects across multiple markets and timezones
- You are a self-starter who has the capacity to own and execute multiple projects simultaneously; you thrive in ambiguous circumstances and work well in fast-paced environments that require balancing competing priorities
- You have a love for quantitative and qualitative metrics
- You have a demonstrated ability to identify and resolve systemic issues
- You have an ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- You are an initiative taker who is eager to break new ground and create opportunities for others
- You have a high performance record and substantial achievements in your past positions
Strongly preferred experience:
- 6-8 years of project management experience
- Project management certifications (e.g. PMP certification)
- MBA or equivalent education / experience
- Work in different countries / regions
- Experience working with Jira and other project management tools
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, including more advanced skills (e.g., pivot tables)
- Previous experience with policy creation and/or content moderation; previous experience working in a technology company
- Experience leading direct reports and mentoring other project managers
NOTE: Telecommuting is not an option; this role is based in San Francisco. Please be sure to specify all languages and level of fluency in your application/resume.
Here’s all the legal good stuff
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!