Product Manager - Twitter API
Twitter is seeking a product manager to guide the evolution of our public API. The Twitter API has been used by millions of developers to build integrations with Twitter, from “hello world” apps in classroom settings to the most-used consumer and business products in the world. If you’re interested in this opportunity, there’s a good chance you’ve used it before too.
You will play a key role in improving the developer experience and increasing the impact of the public Twitter API by guiding the roadmap for its core elements – including things like specs and design patterns that help other teams ship API features effectively. Working with teams across Twitter, you will be responsible for developing, prioritizing, communicating and executing on a roadmap for our API that better serves the needs of the developers who build with us today, and that inspires more developers to build with us in the future.
What You’ll Do:
You’ll develop a deep understanding of the needs and challenges facing the diverse set of developers who build on the Twitter API. You will be responsible for the core functionality and foundational elements of our API, and making sure we're building a consistent, sustainable API that helps developers accomplish their objectives.
Your role will include working directly with an engineering team in all facets of day-to-day software development. You will work with a team of product managers and a variety of other internal stakeholders, customers and partners to evaluate new product opportunities and deliver new software.
- Research and synthesize the needs of developers building on the Twitter API.
- Develop a vision & product roadmap for improving core components of our API to better serve developers.
- Define success criteria & metrics for your team’s work, and positively impact those metrics.
- Work closely with engineering to define & ship software. You’ll be close to sprints and responsible to make sure we nail the details.
- Align roadmaps and coordinate product decisions with other peer teams to deliver a consistent overall developer experience.
- Manage decisions and drive process around deprecations and other significant changes to our existing API.
- Understand and advocate for future direction of the Twitter API based on broader trends in the market, user research, and customer feedback.
- Inspire your team and contribute to overall team health through retros, trainings, etc.
- Computer science or engineering background strongly preferred
- Past experience as a PM preferred but not required – other relevant work experience will be considered
- Past success shipping products that your customers love
- Empathy for user problems, and an ability to distill insights into the right product answer
- Technical familiarity with details of API design & use
- Strong sense for what it means to deliver a great customer experience for developers
- Ability to think strategically and craft a compelling product vision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional planning, collaboration and organizational skills
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!