Partner Manager, GCP (SE Asia)
Twitter is what’s happening -- and never before have we been as influential or important to news as we are today. As a Partner Manager for News on the Global Content Partnerships team at Twitter, you will manage relationships with the largest news organizations in Southeast Asia and Greater China to help them grow their reach, increase their revenue and continue to innovate on the Twitter platform.
Success in this role means you are collaborating with the other members of the Content Partnerships team as well as various product leads as you seek to educate top tier news publishers on the suite of Twitter publishing tools. Some key areas of focus will be identifying the right partners and negotiating the right deals to ensure we are bringing the best content to Twitter and the largest audience to that content, earning both Twitter and our partners’ incremental reach and revenue.
This will entail:
- Leading Twitter’s News Partner Content relationships with television networks, print and digital publications, and other media and technology companies in the news space.
- Creating new revenue for Twitter and its partners.
- Establishing seamless and effective cross-platform packages for advertisers in concert with Twitter partners.
- Developing scalable business and metrics models for all of the above.
- Deal development and negotiation, including coordinating with multiple cross-functional teams (e.g. Product, Engineering, Sales, Communications, Content Solutions, Marketing, and Legal) across Twitter.
- Being the first point of contact for all brand-related programs with counterparts at Twitter and partners.
- Working with and training Twitter partners’ sales forces.
- Assisting Twitter Sales in pitches to and ongoing relationships with brands.
- Serving as the day-to-day-conduit for a named account list of partners, ensuring that throughout our contractual relationships with our customers, all of our commitments are met (content volume commitment, sales fulfilment, geo restrictions, etc.).
- Being a public face of Twitter to the news industry by speaking at relevant conferences and participating in our own #TwitterForNews events.
Industry Experience & Required Skills:
- Significant experience in the news industry at a regional or national/international level (5-7 years minimum). Digital publication and/or strategic partnerships/business development experience ideal.
- Extensive network of contacts in the news industry (commercial and editorial teams) across the region essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Media, or related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Keen awareness of the opportunities for the use of Twitter across the media landscape generally and the news industry specifically.
- Exceptional understanding of Twitter’s role in discovering, covering and breaking news.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, in person and in writing, especially with high-profile organizations and users.
- Experience conducting data-driven analyses to drive your decision-making.
- Passion for, and detail-oriented mastery of, supporting executives and media partners.
- 75% Customer Relationships: This is an external, partner-facing role where you will leverage existing relationships while developing new ones.
- 25% Internal Partnership: You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams (Media Solutions, Sales, Marketing, Product, the Live team, Content Solutions, Comms, Legal and others) on partner projects.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!