Partner Manager, GCP (Mumbai)
Twitter is changing the way leagues, teams and athletes connect with their fans every day.
We are looking for a passionate, sports business-minded candidate for our Global Content Partnerships team in India. In the role, you’ll generate revenue for Twitter’s most high-profile league, network, and strategic growth partners. You’ll apply a broad mix of digital marketing, sales, content strategy, and sports media expertise to identify sponsorship opportunities for these blue chip organizations and Twitter alike.
From livestreaming games to entirely new formats like 360 video, these partnerships ultimately introduce new & engaging content to the platform and you’ll play a key role in bringing them to life.
Success in this role means you are collaborating with the other members of the Content Partnerships team as well as various product leads as you seek to educate top tier sports publishers on the suite of Twitter publishing tools. Some key areas of focus will be identifying the right partners and negotiating the right deals to ensure we are bringing the best content to Twitter and the largest audience to that content, earning both Twitter and our partners’ incremental reach and revenue.
- Leading Twitter’s Sports Partner Content relationships with sports leagues, teams, athletes, television networks, print and digital publications, and other media and technology companies in the sports space.
- Creating new revenue for Twitter and its partners.
- Establishing seamless and effective cross-platform packages for advertisers in concert with Twitter partners.
- Developing scalable business and metrics models for all of the above.
- Deal development and negotiation, including coordinating with multiple cross-functional teams (e.g. Product, Engineering, Sales, Communications, Content Solutions, Marketing, and Legal) across Twitter.
- Being the first point of contact for all brand-related programs with counterparts at Twitter and partners.
- Working with and training Twitter partners’ sales forces.
- Assisting Twitter Sales in pitches to and ongoing relationships with brands.
- Serving as the day-to-day-conduit for a named account list of partners, ensuring that throughout our contractual relationships with our customers, all of our commitments are met (content volume commitment, sales fulfilment, geo restrictions, etc.).
- Being a public face of Twitter to the sports industry in India by speaking at relevant conferences and participating in our own events.
Required Skills & Industry experience
- Deep knowledge of the media landscape -- more specifically, the relationship dynamics between broadcast, league, agency, governing bodies, and their sponsors
- Direct experience in digital sales, business development, or marketing
- Exceptional understanding of Twitter as a consumer and advertising product, and how sports fits into the equation
- Keen awareness of the innovations and developing opportunities for the use of Twitter across the Media landscape.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, in person and in writing, especially with brands
- Significant experience in the sports industry at a national/international level (7-10 years minimum). Extensive network of contacts in the sports industry essential.
- Well-established proficiency in business tools (Keynote, Excel) and general understanding of Data visualization (Tableau, D3, Highcharts)
- Comfort devising and conducting research projects
- 75% Customer Relationships: This is an external, partner-facing role where you will leverage existing relationships while developing new ones.
- 25% Internal Partnership: You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams (Media Solutions, Sales, Marketing, Product, the Live team, Content Solutions, Comms, Legal and others) on partner projects.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!