Internal Communications Manager - Product + Engineering
Location: San Francisco
Twitter’s Employee Communications and Culture team is looking for a talented, creative and experienced professional to inform, connect and engage our Tweeps. The role is responsible for crafting compelling communications, consulting on internal messaging, and shaping the narrative.
This person will work with executives and stakeholders in our Engineering, Product, Design and Research (EPDR) orgs to understand, guide, and promote various happenings, news, and initiatives. The role will be responsible for serving the internal conversation, shaping our brand voice, and delivering powerful writing that resonates. Projects can range from crafting a segment for our company-wide monthly meeting to showcase a new product launch or engineering initiative, designing and implementing a change management strategy to rollout a new internal tool, partnering with #studio to produce creative assets, writing FAQs and talking points for a senior executive and/or refining our team processes, among other projects.
What you will do
- Collaborate with EPDR C-suite and senior leadership on internal communications strategies, tactics, messaging and collateral to shape and nurture Twitter's company culture
- Prioritize and streamline high volume of information across the engineering, product, design and research teams to surface and spotlight the most mission-critical stories to inform, engage and connect Tweeps, and ultimately drive employee engagement
- Implement change management best practices to inspire action among Tweeps
- Represent employee perspectives to management and proactively anticipate need for communications
- Design and deliver internal marketing campaigns that align with Twitter's principles and priorities
- Ensure consistent, authentic and on-brand style/voice/tone among editorial, programming and events
- Provide leadership and mentorship to junior staff
- Other internal communications team projects, as needed
- Twitter champion and cheerleader who loves the platform and what it stands for
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Advanced understanding of how to communicate across varied platforms and technologies
- 4-5 years of tech and/or product communications experience (internal or external), preferably at a high-growth start-up or social media company
- Prior experience working with C-level executives
- Expert project management skills with meticulous attention to detail; ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. All things Twitter Careers! #LoveWhereYouWork
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!