HR Business Partner: Corporate Functions
Who We Are
Twitter…the best place you have ever worked. Ever. As a company, we strive to make a difference in the world, do the best work, and have fun while doing it. If that sounds like your kind of company, keep reading.
We currently have an opening for an HR Business Partner. In this role, you’ll be working with the HR Business Partners across the Corporate Functions to help deliver exceptional support to our clients. This will require you to roll-up your sleeves and also have you thinking about complex people topics that need savvy and creative approaches. You’ll partner closely with your HR colleagues to understand what already exists for you to leverage and what you can create based on business needs.
Success in this role looks like this:
Establish yourself as an indispensable go-to partner with help from HR peers across the globe. Become comfortable owning front-line intake with managers and ICs alike, and independently drive HR issues through to resolution. Help the HRBP team implement all aspects of a strategic people plan. Be instinctive enough to jump on a few critical business issues & opportunities when you see them, scrappy enough to get operational items resolved, and savvy enough to work with managers and individual contributors across the business. Build strong, respectful relationships. Help influence the right outcomes for the business, and elevate Twitter’s employment brand and unique culture.
When it’s all said and done, you will have demonstrated confidence, maturity, leadership, fortitude, creativity, influence, people instincts, and the ability to be both operational and strategic.
Who You Are:
- You are excited to learn all things HR – you have some professional work experience and are eager to learn how to handle a multitude of situations, yet more importantly, know when to pull in the perspectives of the broader team;
- You are comfortable in ambiguity and can pull relevant components out of complex situations to connect the dots and make sound decisions - you know when to ask for help;
- You love business and are interested in the role talent plays in keeping a competitive edge;
- You love building relationships and helping to solve complex problems;
- Keeping status quo is your worst nightmare; you are motivated by complexity and challenges;
- You are a high energy person and like fast paced, dynamic environments that evolve before they have to;
- You are competitive and like to win - together. You thrive off of working with smart, creative people that challenge you to perform at a higher level and draw the best out of you;
- You have a high learning agility and press in to understand people dynamics, new business models and talent processes.
Overall, you will play a key role in helping the functional HRBP team implement the talent agenda to support the business goals. Specifically you will:
- Coach and advise managers and employees on a variety of components impacting employee experience: employee relations concerns, rewards and recognition, leaves of absence, local labor laws, compensation and benefits, performance management, HR policies, people dynamics
- Support the HRBP team to ensure operational excellence to broad based initiatives including talent reviews, inclusion and diversity, workforce planning, talent analytics, engagement survey, and overall process improvements
- Help the HRBP team create and execute initiatives to drive exceptional individual and team performance
- Employ operational discipline partnering with the People Ops and Compensation teams to ensure accuracy in organizational hierarchy, pay, titling, and leveling
- 5-7+ years as an HR generalist/HRBP with exposure/experience across other fields w/in HR or related discipline;
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth, dynamic business environment; tech industry experience highly desired;
- Proven track record in the areas of program delivery and creation;
- Demonstrated ability to partner with team members outside of the US on global issues;
- A solid track record of influencing while demonstrating excellent decision quality;
- Strong problem-solving, critical/analytical thinking abilities;
- Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills; demonstrated ability to develop relationships and influence at multiple levels within the organization;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills and organizational consulting skills;
- BA/BS in business administration, psychology or other related discipline
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!