Head of Japan, MoPub (Tokyo)
MoPub, a Twitter company, provides flexible monetization solutions for mobile publishers around the globe. Today, publishers and app developers use MoPub’s trusted platform to drive maximum revenue for every ad impression and control their user experience, while DSPs and marketers enjoy access to high quality mobile audiences at maximum scale. We’ve been helping mobile app publishers grow their businesses since 2010. MoPub was acquired by Twitter in 2013.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As Head of MoPub, Japan, you will act as the face of MoPub in Japan and be tasked with developing and strengthening partnerships with the most prominent mobile app developers, the largest direct marketers, top Demand-Side Platforms (DSPs) and ad agencies in the market. Additionally the role will also be expected to have a strong voice in the overall development of MoPub products particularly to meet the needs of our Japanese customers. You’ll be responsible for developing and executing a regional strategic plan; building a high performing team (either directly or matrixed), driving improvements and excellence in business development, client services, marketing and associated functions.
This role reports to the Managing Director, MoPub, Asia-Pacific/Japan
WHO YOU ARE
You’re a strategic thinker and you understand the big picture. You are driven by high achievement revenue growth. You thrive in a fast-paced, high intensity/high impact, and rapidly evolving environment. You have extensive experience in mobile programmatic, ad monetization or mobile gaming and can engage effectively with app developers, marketers and DSPs. You have excellent communication skills. You have experience in managing high performing teams. You are intimately informed about trends in mobile advertising specifically programmatic or ad network space and familiar with the dynamics of marketplace businesses taking into consideration both our publisher and buyer needs. You are a team player with a can-do mentality. You are a self-starter and able to operate effectively in ambiguous settings.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Directly accountable for MoPub’s success in Japan; building MoPub’s presence and awareness with mobile app developers, DSPs and marketers.
- Help define and execute on the long term vision and strategy for the team and contribute to the management of day-to-day operations.
- Attend QBRs, Bootcamps & partner strategy meetings, while fostering C-level Executive relationships and be responsible for all escalations and ensuring we maintain the top level of service to our partners.
- Set revenue forecasts and team achievement while tracking key metrics to identify trends, ensure we are meeting goals, highlighting potential issues, and act as an escalation point for strategic partners
- Provide strong leadership by establishing clear direction, fostering a productive culture, nurturing relationships with functional leads and inspiring individuals to reach their full potential.
- Hire, develop and cultivate a high-performing team across direct and matrixed reports by providing strong leadership, establishing clear direction, fostering a productive culture, nurturing relationships with leadership, and inspiring individuals to reach their full potential.
- Work collaboratively with Twitter JP leadership team members; and represent MoPub’s interest in Twitter’s cross functional strategy.
- Provide feedback to Marketing, PMM and Product stakeholders to influence the roadmap and narrative towards Japanese clients
- Collaborate and communicate effectively across different geographies, cultures with different stakeholders across Sales Engineering, Analytics, Sales Ops, Accounting, Legal and Sales Finance teams.
- Drive areas for improvement across tools, systems, and process with the operations and product teams.
- 8-10 years of commercial experience in the tech space with at least 5 years in mobile advertising related companies such as programmatic exchange, ad network or mobile publisher
- Track record of attracting, developing, and managing top-performing teams - with a minimum of 3 years management experience required.
- Proven ability to understand client needs and build ongoing relationships across all levels of organizations
- Expert negotiation, sale communication and presentation skills
- Regional experience: Demonstrated history of working effectively and with a deep knowledge of the Japanese advertising market specifically with mobile app developers across the main verticals - games, entertainment, lifestyle and utilities.
- Capable of problem solving, developing strategy and executing effectively against that.
- Deep understanding and experience in mobile gaming is a major plus
- Language skills: Japanese fluency required; working-level proficiency in English required.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!