Engineering Manager - Consumer API
Who We Are:
The mission of our Consumer Product Infrastructure team is to radically improve the pace of feature development at Twitter. We build internal interfaces and tools that make it easy to access data a variety of sources.
Working together on building and operating our own systems at hyper-growth levels is a rare and rewarding challenge. We are a tightly-knit and supportive group that loves doing great work together, and we are looking for exceptional additions to our flock.
What You’ll Do:
You will lead the Consumer API team, driving its technical strategy and roadmap – crafting success metrics in close collaboration with your peers across the company. You will bring a strong perspective that inspires change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems. You and your team will work with many engineering teams as well as cross-functionally to develop high-quality solutions. You will coach and mentor your team and support their professional growth and development.
At Twitter, you can have a truly global impact.
Who You Are:
- You have led projects with a complicated stakeholder space and know how to build cross-functional alignment
- You have excellent communication skills and can clearly articulate desired outcomes
- You have strong empathy for internal customers
- You have a track record of delivering new products and iteratively improving them over time
- You have an interest in GraphQL or related technology
- You are experienced in API design and microservice architecture
- You have the technical capacity to partner with tech leads and help drive incident resolution
- You are a great source of engineering talent and have proven ability to hire
- You have experience in performance management, career development, etc
- You are a strong advocate of software engineering best practices and bring a disciplined approach to testing, continuous delivery, and reducing technical debt
- Previously managed a team of 5 or more engineers
- Minimum of 2+ years in software engineering management
- BA/BS or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Have worked as a software developer
Blog Post about GraphQL at Twitter: https://about.sourcegraph.com/graphql/graphql-at-twitter
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.