Director, Digital Experience
Twitter #Studio is a center of excellence and making for Twitter Marketing. We are a collection of best in class innovators, thinkers, designers, writers, filmmakers, animators, producers, creative technologists, and more. As the internal creative agency we explore, design, build, and champion marketing experiences that bring Twitter to life.
We are seeking a world class Director, Digital Experience to be the bridge between cross functional partners, leading a team within Studio bringing to market exceptional customer experiences across our digital properties (web, email, mobile, paid, social and immersive), both B2C and B2B.
The Director, Digital Experience will be an integral member of the Twitter #Studio team and will report directly to the Managing Director.
What You'll Do
- Excellence in digital marketing experiences is your mantra. You have rare combined strengths in performance media, customer experience [SEO, web ecosystems, ASO], customer relationship management, social, and enterprise marketing technology driving improved marketing results and competitive advantage. You have a keen understanding of how to deliver measurement within the post-GDPR environment.
- You are a storyteller at heart. As a nice-to-have, you are interested in or have had experience with innovative methods of expressing digital customer experiences beyond the two-dimensional screen.
- You’ll demonstrate an intimate understanding of how consumers interact with channels and technology, with an emphasis on the user journey and how to most effectively use stories to keep people engaged across the digital ecosystem. Utilizing a data driven and analytical approach you’ll work closely with partner leads from Consumer and Business Marketing, from strategy through execution and optimization.
- As a thought leader in digital and through your understanding of Twitter's business, and how to help Twitter to stand out from the competitive set, you’ll act as a trusted advisor in addition to being a catalyst for digital innovation.
- You will be the main point of contact and drive effective communication and partnership with cross-functional teams including engineering, design, marketing, operations, legal, etc., to enable best-in-class user experiences across all digital marketing channels including owned, operated and immersive, implement new marketing strategies and key roadmap initiatives.
- Develop scope, timeline, and budget plans across internal and external teams as part of planning based on strategic alignment on Twitter’s overall marketing web ecosystem, marketing tech, and multi-channel campaign initiatives.
- Work to align Twitter Studio’s integration with cross functional teams including Consumer and Business Marketing partners [product, growth and lifecycle], IT engineering, Product, and Information Security to deliver on a fully integrated digital strategy and unified brand design principles for our ecosystem
- Build and nurture the central digital marketing and product team, defining team structure, owning budgets, guide vendor decisions and establish global processes.
- Manage production teams to implement, QA, and troubleshoot third party and Twitter platforms.
- In partnership with Twitter Studio’s Head of Technology, act as in-house platform expert and escalation point on the integration of marketing tech, ad tech, data visualization, and immersive experiences technology in our marketing efforts (including trafficking of re-marketing capabilities, VAST/In-Stream Video, Rich Media and Audio).
- Document best practices and seek out opportunities to improve existing processes.
- In partnership with our Brand Strategy team, act as the liaison in the cross functional development of new internal products and immersive experiences in concert with our creative leads.
- Work with media, creative and analytics teams at the onset of a campaign to identify and implement all creative and technical requirements.
- Manage relationships with external vendors (such as DSPs, DMPs, verification vendors, rich media companies, media publishers, research firms, etc.).
- Establish yourself as a leader within all aspects of multimedia operations - striving for accuracy, speed and efficiency.
- Resource management; foster innovation and thought leadership in workflow, systems and process development to improve operational efficiency.
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of Mobile Advertising - understanding differences and challenges with serving advertising to mobile and difference between mobile apps and mobile web.
- Serve as a key partner to internal Marketing teams and their external vendors demonstrating in-depth knowledge of their business, and owning the digital vision than enables execution of strategy.
- Build and leverage deep understanding of Marketing partner’s objectives and need to develop clear experience use cases around opportunities for omni-channel engagement.
- Provide strategic partnership with Marketing leadership teams within the digital landscape including, web, mobile, social, media, content marketing, and measurement.
- Work in collaboration across Marketing teams to identify opportunities for an improved consumer experience and innovate. Ensure the marketing capabilities are adopted, and optimized against the target consumer journey.
- Own and develop a roadmap for the overall portfolio of digital capabilities demonstrating maximum impact achievable
- Design, implement and operationalize best practices guidelines for delivering omni-channel solutions.
- Works closely with Account teams to present strategies, ideas, digital POV’s to senior clients
- Actively prioritize and manage the digital portfolio of projects. Understand the impact of each project, available resources, budget and external drivers to appropriately prioritize and resource projects.
- Drive implementation of standard processes and tools to estimate, prioritize and track projects within the portfolio. This includes documenting key risks and mitigation planning in addition to owning the portfolio communications.
Who we are looking for to fill this role:
- 15+ years of leadership experience in large scale digital program development across multiple platforms, including the creation and management of associated budgets.
- 10+ years of leadership of MarTech solutions delivery.
- Deep understanding of current and future digital trends across multiple platforms, including solid background in UX, SEO, SEM, and conversion optimization principles and methodologies.
- A hands-on, “roll up your sleeves,” action-oriented approach and comfort leading and working with a strong, multidisciplinary team. Keen understanding and relevance in industry related matters.
- Possess a track record of achieving excellence through relentless collaboration, communication, patience and a sense of humor.
- Successful track record of helping to build and present strategic digital concepts/programs, recommendations and tactics for clients and effectively executing programs
- Ability to think independently, creatively and strategically.
- Ability to motivate and positively engage staff and management in ways that build trust and enthusiasm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Here’s all the legal good stuff: We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!