Developer Advocate, Japan (Tokyo)
Twitter’s developer platform powers thousands of developer apps and businesses that make Twitter more accessible, healthy, and useful to the world. We are seeking a Developer Advocate to support the growth and success of developers and businesses who build on our platform in the APAC region. This role will primarily cover Japan, and potentially could include the entire APAC region. The Developer Advocate will work directly with the local community to drive adoption of the Twitter API and provide support to ensure their success.
What you’ll do
- Drive developers in the Japanese/APAC market to adopt the Twitter API by engaging directly with them online and in person, speaking at key developer events and conferences and hosting meetups, and by creating blog posts, tutorials, demos, and sample apps
- Collaborate with product, marketing, and sales to define and execute a strategy to grow adoption of the Twitter developer platform in Japan
- Provide technical support and consultation to support sales efforts with enterprise developer prospects and to ensure existing partners succeed with our products
- Create and localize documentation and other content to meet the specific needs of the developer community in Japan, and provide localized support on community forums
- Work with developers and internal product and engineering teams to resolve bugs and issues, and to communicate developer feedback
Who you are
- Adept at communicating complex technical concepts simply and elegantly both verbally and in writing
- Confident creating and delivering presentations to diverse audiences including developers and business executives
- Experience working directly with a variety of roles, including sales teams seeking to grow and retain revenue, developers building on the platform, and product teams developing and executing the platform roadmap
- Effective at solving technical problems through self-driven research and discovery
- Skilled and comfortable writing (and supporting) Open Source code
- Comfortable operating with significant autonomy as part of a global team
- Ready to travel regularly
- Fluent in Japanese and English
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.