AR_Billing Ops Sr. Accountant
Twitter is searching for an experienced Senior Accountant who can be a key contributor in a high-energy finance organization. The ideal candidate will have at least 5+ years of combined experience in public accounting firms or in a publicly-traded high tech global Company. The individual must be able to get into the day to day details of accounting operations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with monthly billing locally and internationally
- Assist with month end close activities including agency rebate calculation, preparation of sales allowance and/or bad debt analysis, preparation of supporting schedules and journal entries, account reconciliation, fluctuation analysis and month end close packages
- Assist with internal and external accounting request and ensuring accuracy, timeliness, compliance, and efficiency for accounting within the order to cash cycle
- Analyze and research billing matters, providing accurate and comprehensive documentation of issues identified and resolutions reached.
- Develop, implement and maintain desktop procedures for on-going Order to Cash activities.
- Assist with any Order to Cash performance and analytics to identify risks and opportunities for improvements. Ensure compliance with key controls in the order to cash cycle, accurate GAAP reporting, audit requirements, and external reporting requirements.
- Provide hands-on operational excellence in the financial aspects of a constantly evolving global order to cash process
- Collaborate and partner with cross-functional teams to implement operational and financial systems. Work closely with sales, sales finance, legal and outsourced teams, where necessary, to ensure an effective Order to Cash process.
- Prior Experience in order to cash accounting and billing operations is a requirement.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance is a requirement
- Advanced MS Excel skills is a requirement
- Experience with Oracle and Salesforce is a requirement
- Ability to take ownership of projects and drive them through completion.
- Superior prioritization skills with the ability to manage tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Strategic thinker with attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, financial, accounting, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates proactive enthusiasm for solving problems and adding value to the company, including experience in managing complex Order to Cash operations.
- Strong knowledge of revenue recognition in US GAAP 5+ years of total accounting experience.
- Enjoy challenging opportunities to assist or co-design OTC solutions to address perplexing issues that can improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the finance team.
- Team player with a positive attitude and strong collaboration skills
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!