Staff Software Engineer - Real Time Storage Group
Who We Are:
Twitter’s globally distributed, real-time communications network generates trillions of events and petabytes of data per day. To handle this scale, As engineers on our Real Time Storage Group, we build world class distributed databases, caching, and infrastructure.
What You’ll Do:
- Real Time Storage Group: We build and support Manhattan, our real-time, multi-tenant distributed database for Twitter scale. It provides flexible consistency guarantees that can be tuned to suit a customer use-case. In addition, we also build and support large scale caching systems that are used for performance and low latency.
- Most of our customers use Manhattan and Cache together and they together form Realtime KV storage at Twitter.
- Operating our own systems at hyper growth levels is a rewarding challenge, it is what helps make us great. We are a tight knit and passionate group that loves working together, and we are looking for exceptional additions to our flock. You will empower dozens of engineering teams, hundreds of co-workers, and millions of users to dream of new insights and new possibilities.
- Check out these links for more details:
- Our Blog
Who You Are:
You enjoy new challenges and are passionate about continually pushing the envelope of scale. You take satisfaction in building resilient, high-performance, and thoroughly tested systems that can power the most business-critical applications. You want to learn, work with, and contribute to cutting-edge open-source technologies.
The ideal candidate has experience with distributed storage systems such as Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB or MegaStore, BigTable or experience with messaging technologies such as Kafka, Zookeeper, Memcached or Redis and actively makes contributions to open-source software.
- 10+ years experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation).
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Java, Scala, C, C++, or another modern systems language.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!