Sr. Partnerships Solutions Manager, Japan (Tokyo)
Twitter is the number one platform for public figures to connect with their fans, tell their own stories and launch and sustain their careers and stay viable in their industries. Twitter’s Partnership Solutions Team is looking for an ambitious, creative, passionate & resourceful individual to join us in bringing top tier talent to the platform and developing strategies to help them drive creative Twitter content that serves their promotional goals while also delighting user and driving conversation on the platform. You will be the primary point of contact for public figures across news, entertainment and sport. You will be both proactively helping them use Twitter to best connect with their audience and an internal advocate if/when they’re having any issues with our service. You will be helping drive drive culture through some of the biggest and most important voices on our platform.
You should have a strong vision for the broad potential of public figures + Twitter, while being focused on scalable impact and immediate, tactical opportunities that result in value and growth for Twitter. You’ll need direct, hands-on experience in the entertainment industry, strong relationships with traditional players (studios, agents, managers, publicists, social media managers, etc.), superb talent and partner management skills, the power of persuasion and an aptitude for driving innovation. You will need to think about how partners using Twitter creatively best tells Twitter’s own Partnership & Influencer story.
The Partnership Solutions team at large works across partners in news, entertainment and sports. The position will be based in Tokyo.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage, track and deepen Twitter's creative relationships with high-profile individuals and their representatives (agents, managers, publicists, studio liaisons, newsrooms, social media managers, etc):
- Ensure talent are embracing best practices, pushing the creative envelope and incorporating Twitter deeply into their connection with fans and their business.
- An ability to track growth and success of public figures through metrics and analytics.
- Collaborate with talent and partners as a creative consultant to develop, test and execute innovative content plays year round on Twitter, e.g. live tweeting of events, Q&As, and other creative uses of Twitter
- Establish, track and communicate metrics that drive evolution of talent best practices, generation of case studies and collateral that showcase and reinforce their use on the platform
- Contribute to the team’s on-going efforts to make Twitter a comfortable, easy and safe tool for partners to connect with fans, tell their story and promote their projects through product evangelism and education in environments ranging from 1:1s with talent to large scale events
- Communicate persuasively, in person and in writing, to many different audiences, ranging from executives to talent about Twitter’s and the value it brings to their brand/business/organization in the entertainment marketplace and in support of their clients’ personal passions -- ranging from casting to endorsements to philanthropic endeavors
- Coordinate with relevant internal teams ranging from sales to marketing / comms to product to legal on joint efforts, partner communications and support -- serving as the primary point of contact for public figures and related partners
- Deep knowledge and relationships with talent and partners, including significant and direct experience in or with news rooms, social teams, agents, managers, studios and talent directly.
- Native and expert Twitter user who thrives in environments that are uncharted and ever-evolving
- Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally with all levels of management, internally and externally
- Experience conducting data-driven analyses and thorough research to drive your decision-making
- Superb communication, pitching and presentation skills
- 10-12+ years work experience including significant industry experience
- Native-level Japanese required; business-level English preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
We're the People Team @Twitter. We're hiring service, purpose-driven people who are creative and move fast. #LoveWhereYouWork #JoinTheFlock
We're your one stop shop for anything University related. That means campus outreach, student advice/tips, & of course, our University Recruiting efforts!